Chapter forty three: Ticket back to the past, part 3

A/N Since apparently, a reader had told me they didn't know or forgot about a certain character I thought that maybe they need some time to shine so here's a special chapter for him.

Third POV
primary/ 7 years old

This is the story of Ryan's and Phoenix's friendship

Once upon a time there was a boy named Ryan. Everybody knew him but he usually spent his time being by himself, he always tried to included himself but it never happened. I mean, he ended up getting excluded in the end. Ryan never made true friends which he could invite over to his house or even talk about other things that weren't mutual friends.

Then along the way, Ryan met someone. A girl, named Phoenix.

~

Ryan swung on the swing. He held tightly onto the chains and frowned. He heard another sound beside him which made him curious. Ryan's eyes sparkled as he looked, he saw a boy swinging beside him. This time he didn't sit on it but stood on it.

"A-aren't y-y-you going to play?" Ryan stutters, kind of excited of this kid beside him.

"No. Why should I?" He instantly replies.

"Because all the kids are there."

"But you're not." He stops swinging and stares at Ryan. Ryan smiles widely and stretches a hand.

"What's your name?" Ryan wonders. "I'm Ryan, I prefer this name rather than my other."

The boy takes his hand and looks Ryan in the eyes. "Phoenix. Phoenix Quinn."

"I like your name!" Ryan compliments.

"Thanks, I like your shoes." Phoenix points down. Ryan smiles and the two continue on the swings. The two talk until the sun slowly goes down.

(A/N This is in Ryan's POV of how he sees Phoenix, don't get confused 'cause Phoenix is stil a girl).

Ryan sat on the bench while watching the kids running around. He frowned and looked down at his shoes. The Velcro on his shoes sparkled, he wore blue and red sparkly spider man shoes. Phoenix came along with his hands shoved into his pockets.

"You coming?" Phoenix asked.

"Where to?"

"The playground." Phoenix replies. Ryan stares at him with confusion. "We play cheat too." Ryan smiles and stands in the playground. He feels the stares of other children on him and gulps hard, reaching for Phoenix hand. Phoenix reaches out and accepts the hand hold.

"Don't be scared." Phoenix reassures. "They don't bite. Besides that guy." Phoenix points at the kid biting an adults shoulder.

"Will you stay with me?"

"I'll take you home if I have to!" Phoenix defends. Ryan smiles without showing his teeth. He hugs Phoenix and he doesn't react but put his hands around Ryan.

A year later

Phoenix and Ryan walk around the park. Ryan holds a packet of lollies while Phoenix holds the bottle of Sprite. "I hate my school." Phoenix growls. "The kids make fun of me."