Chapter thirty seven: Summer Christmas

The very same day, I had returned home. It was a Summer Christmas, no snow, no santa claus and no...family.

When stepping out of the car, I had saw there was nothing out of the ordinary about the house. There was no sparkly decorations hanging from the roof, no lights out on the lawn. It was plain and boring, like an ordinary mansion.

Kingston opened the door and let me in first, following behind. I held my eyes while walking in and waited. Nothing. My eyes shot open, expecting somebody to stand there with a cake, present anything.

"Kingston."

"Yes?" He answers. I notice the stuff from my room in the middle of the foyer and I stare at it. Nobody moved it and I brought and packed it a few days ago. Nobody awaiting me with anything that has to do with my birthday....This means.....

"WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?!" I scream.

"Oh, did Crystal forget to inform you? Everyone, not including your dad have gone on a trip. Your dad is still at work and won't be back until the normal time. And they've gone on a trip to Norway."

"Norway? Norway? Norway?!" I scream, again. I crouch into a ball and start sobbing.

"I made you a cake though." Kingston says, trying to encourage me. I stand up slowly and walk towards the kitchen. My heart slowly beats and my feet drag across the ground. I give a face and continue the walking. I sigh and sway this time.

"Happy birthday." He cheers.

"Close enough, thanks for the cake." I sigh. Leaning against the arch of the door.

~

I get to my room and suddenly hear a knocking. "Kingston, I don't need company." I hear another knock and groan. I don't bother with the door then hear a.

Knock, knock, knock knock.

I sigh louder, rolling off the bed towards the door. I hit the door with my body and squirm around. How does my life suddenly become boring with none of the guys? As well as this book. I hear one more knock and I forcefully pull myself up.

I swing the door open and glare. "WHAT?!" I shout. I step back and laugh. "If I knew it was you at the door, I wouldn't have opened it at all." I see my friend from the old school I used to go to before I got expelled.

She has brown curls that go up to her neck and brown eyes. She has freckles spread around all over her face. It's another chick! That isn't me! Her name is, yes, it's a girls name, Maggie.

"What's been shakin' with Phoenix, lately?" She smiles.

"Don't you have your own family to spend it with?"

"You make it sound like we're not cousins."

"Sometimes I wish we weren't." I joke.

"Very funny." She punches me. "Heard aunty sent you to an all boys. Are there any cute guys in the school?"

"If we're talking height, yeah."

"Did you see any naked?" She winks. "You naughty girl."

"I didn't. Although I did kind of walk into a shower room, when guys were showering. But they had their towels wrapped tightly around their waists!" I quickly defend.

"Right. Anyways, did you become friends with any cute guys?" Maggie wonders.

"No."

"You didn't? What a shame. What a shame. And just so you know, I'm staying with you for a few days." Maggie smiles. "I've got the stuff in my car and I'm sleeping in the movie room. I call tv." Maggie leaves the room and I go back to sitting on the bed.

Maggie is my cousin who is from my mum's side. She's in the same year as me and attended the same school as me because of her grades and Maggie's family isn't the richest, but we support them whenever we can since they don't like their family being a charity.

I groan and fall to the bed. A sudden thought comes to mind and I think of Logan. New years, new years. That's in seven days and I still don't have anything done. I quickly grab my phone and dial the first number I see.

Leonard, this damn hacker.

"Yo, yo, yo, Phoenny! Wassup!?" He laughs.

"What's wrong with you?" 

"I've been having grape juice, I'm pumped on that shit." Leo starts laughing. "Yeah, Goergy, get down on that ice cream! Its cookies and cream, I love that too!! Woo!" Leo drunkily laughs.

"Listen, you stop acting like a drunkard, when you do I will hug you."

"Oh, my. Phoenix, making a plan? We shall get married!"

"Okay, goodbye. I tried, I can't anymore."

"No! I'm joking." Leo says. I hear the loud talking slowly dying down and suddenly, I hear it go quiet then a door closing. He went to an area by himself. Finally.

"What's the news?" He wonders with a sigh. I can tell the drunky-ness is starting to vanish.

"Logan. He changed the date to new years."

"Oh, fucking hell." Leo says. "We don't have any info on the guy. You still haven't explained to us why you want to get rid of him, though."

"I'll explain, help me out?"

"Fine." Leo agrees. "Maybe we can meet tomorrow at the diner. How does, Trevor's diner sound? I'll text the others after." Leo says.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

"Bye." Leo hangs up first. The energy he had, had vanished. It sounded almost, sad and disappointing. I placed my phone next to my bed and just sadly smiled. I haven't explained to them about why I'm even at the school.

Maggie knocks on the door and smiles. "Boyfriend?"

"No. A friend." I say.

"Yet you look sadder than a rain cloud. They obviously have some treasure to you."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"I dunno, you wanna have dinner? Kingston just cooked dinner."

"Why not." I laugh. Maggie wraps an arm around me and we both walk out of the room.

"So, I wanted to tell you. I've got a guy. I'm going into it. The romance zone, I'm skipping that friendzone." Maggie says.

"You're an idiot."

"What? For getting my ins?" She laughs, gently punching me. I do the same. I smell the food and breath it in.

"I'm excited to have home cooking." I giggle. "OH, GOD, I MISSED HOME!" I Shout.

"Phoenix!" Kingston says.

"Sorry!" I laugh.