Chapter forty seven: A letter

I breath out.

I lie on Kevin's bed. A cold towel laying on my forehead. A cat hanging on my right side.

"Meow." Marcy snuggled between my arms and I yawn.

After Joey had dropped us off. It turned out the BBQ was the twins house. I saw my father and Crystal which I got a lecture and I explained about the school which they let it slide. After that, I went around the house seeing what's up with everything. I found Matthew in the living room playing with the babies and he threw a very hard toy at me and I hit my head on the door and yeah.....

Here I am.

Marcy climbs onto of me and starts licking my face. "Ew, get off me." I groan. "Damn, cat." I tickle the top of its head and he snuggles on my shoulders. I laugh and close my eyes for a little while.

I can hear the music blasting from outside. It's muffled but the song is very clear to me '24k magic' is playing at the moment. I twirl my index fingers and let the peace process through my head.

Peace cracks as I can start to hear shouting.

"Aren't you an idiot!" Someone points out, I assume it's Daniel.

"Little Jolene wouldn't give me the toy!" Matthew defends.

"They're kids!" Leo shouts. I think. "Only two or three. Not ten or eleven!"

"Oh, those kids would've tied me to a chair and put mayonnaise on my face. That's happened before." Matthew argues.

"Their gonna put much more on you later in the year." I hear someone fall and I quickly get up. I see Kelvin on the floor with his hands in the air. "I'm just sayin'."

"Keep it to yourself!" Matthew pouts.

I see all the guys, beside Kevin and Troy, on the stairs. They sit on the couch or ground thats next to a TV. They look at me with a raised eye brow. Daniel pats the seat next to him and I take it.

"How about we play some COD? The foods gonna be cooked soon." Kelvin suggests.

"Or you two go and talk." Ryan suggests. Leo grabs me and Kelvin and pushes us down the stairs. Kelvin breaks my fall, his arms wrapped around me. Leo looks down and whistles off, leaving the top of the stairs and closer to the TV. I force Kelvin's arms off of me and sit up on the stairs.

"I'm sorry." Kelvin apologises. He looks down, hands together.

"It's fine." I sigh. Kelvin takes a seat next to me.

"Sometimes, I'm a dick." Kelvin looks me in the eye. "I'm really, really sorry."

"I'm not surprised."

"One day, I'll explain what really happened." Kelvin sadly smiles. "It was a long time ago, I still hold grudges. If I ever saw them again, I would just....." Kelvin leans back, elbows resting on the stairs. "Fuckin throw a grenade at them."

"A bit to far."

"Those are my emotions." Kelvin laughs. "It's good to have you back, though. I missed you." Kelvin shyly says, looking down at the stairs.