Chapter Seventy One: Trust those who lead, disobey those who play

A/N this chapter in ROFTD will be switched to first POV in the sequel and more detail to be added.
THIRD POV
Flash Forward
March 22nd

(A/N don't take this out of your library, there are more extra chapters to come).

Phoenix knew who the snitch was. She had everything planned, from exposing the snitch and showing the school who really wrecked everything for everyone. Happy ending for everyone.

She travels up the stairs, skipping two at a time before making her way to the empty classroom.

Phoenix struggled opening the door before finally getting in. Phoenix looks around for a light switch, having trouble after seeing so many flowers and potted plants in the room. All of it blocking the walls.

Phoenix feels around the room before finding it and switches it on. Walking over to the the flowers, she stops. The light pop turns off and she realises she popped it. "Are you fucking serious?" She groans, now walking to the window. She opens the curtains and goes back to the flower pots.

"Geez, did the light really have to pop?" She groans in frustration.

The door opens and Phoenix looks over. "Hey," she greets. "Oh, William or Ian?" She points while awkwardly laughing.

"Yeah." He nods. "What happened to the light switch?"

"It popped."

"Probs the druggies using it." He laughs, "what about your phone?"

Phoenix takes her phone out, trying to turn it on. She sees it turn on before turning off with the no battery symbol. She looks up with a small smile. "My phone just died." She sighs.

He laughs. "I would use mine but I left it with Faith."

"Faith?" Phoenix thinks. She shrugs off the thought. "Think you can help me?"

"Sure." He replies, walking over before sneezing.

"Bless you."

"Thanks." He rubs his nose, picking up the heaviest one. He lifts it before dropping it onto the desk. "You know...the snitch?"

"What about them?"

"You know who it is." He asks, trying to open it.

"Of course, it was hard to figure it out but....I got them." Phoenix laughs, helping him open the window.

"And you know....its them?"

"Yeah." I reply. "It is them."

"Confirm? Proof?"

"Hundred percent."

"I can't believe this." He sneeze once more, "shit, allergies."

"Flowers?"

"Pollen." He rubs my shoulder before leaning onto me. "I'm so sorry, Phoenix. I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for myself." He apologises. He wraps his arm around me and Phoenix begins to struggle before slowly falling back onto him.

She feels a numbing pain down below. "Forgive me, they're not the snitch...I am..." He kisses Phoenix's shoulder before letting go, letting Phoenix stumble back. She tries to steady herself on the window and gulp hard, placing her hand on the wound.

"Fuck.." She whimpers. She rubs the object before slowly pulling it out.

Phoenix gasps at the pain and looks straight at him. The moonlight directs itself onto the culprit...Her eyes widen and Phoenix stares at them.

"Why would you?" She whispers softly. "I thought we were..."

"I-" He chokes on his words, placing his hand on Phoenix's cheek. "We all have a future, just some of us don't." He shakes his head. "Most of us have a career to make out of what we do in school." He hugs Phoenix, lifting her up and placing her on the sill.

"Yo-" She glances down at the pool.

"I'm so sorry. Forgive me, I love you and have a safe trip." He stares gently, letting her go. He pushes Phoenix forward.

The cold breeze rushes past her. She looks up, tears and blood falling down with her. His face and the fireworks being the last thing she saw.

Before she fell hard into the pool.

He begins to cry too. "Fuck you, Mr Hughes." He grits his teeth. "I can't belie-" He falls to his knees, shaking with tears falling down.

"I can't believe you killed her." Michael whispers. Looking at him with disbelief and shock.