Day in the Park

"Lithium, this is completely unnecessary there is no way imaginable this will do anything to apologize!"

"Hey, you wanted to know how you could make it up to me."

Lithium was currently having the best day of his life. And that's saying something, when you're life has lasted for centuries. Currently his best day was when he and Nyxium had a party to celebrate foiling Karine's plan and Nyxium got super drunk. Let's just say that Lithium had to swear to not mention it ever again.

But of course, any casual reader is curious and most likely thinking the same thing: How is Lithium so damn amazing?

Lithium thinks the same thing a lot, as well. Thank you for noticing.

After that, you're probably asking why this day was turning out amazing enough to top Nyxium's drunken flirting. Well, to explain that, you would have to start a few hours earlier.

After Richard signed her name in the Book of Balance, she was called down by her father for dinner. Lithium left through the door, making sure to give his farewells, and Nyxium just jumped out the window.

"So what do you want to do now?" Lithium asked once he caught up to Nyxium on the streets. "I want to have some fun before we take down Karine again."

"I dunno," Nyxium shrugged. "And to be honest, I don't really care. It's been forever since we've hung out together, you choose."

"Race you to the park, then!" Lithium shouted, sprinting down the road. Behind him Nyxium sighed... and waved down a taxi.

When Lithium finally arrived to the park, panting, Nyxium was sitting on a bench, looking unimpressed.

"You should really work on improving your stamina," He observed as Lithium collapsed on the ground, sweating buckets. "And find better destinations that aren't blocks away. And make sure your opponent doesn't just catch a cab."

"Dirty... Cheater..." Lithium gasped for air as if he had just finished a marathon in record time. To be fair, he was at full sprint. And he was attempting to beat Nyxium, who never played fairly. At least this time he didn't shift into a panther.

"You didn't specify that it was a foot race," Nyxium shrugged. "So technically I was just using my resources."

"You always play unfairly," Lithium complained as he slowly got to his feet. "Last time you lit my show on fire."

"I thought you were going to bring up the race where I caught a private jet," Nyxium smirked. "That was fun."

"Or when you trained a dog to chase anyone when you gave the command," Lithium remembered. "How much time did you have on your hands to train a dog to help you win a casual race down the block?"

"Hey, if anything the dog should've given you more determination," Nyxium laughed.

   "Shut up," Lithium muttered. "Let's go on a walk."

   The two continued small talk as they traveled around the small park, enjoying what was maybe the last day of peace before they had to devote their full attention to their plan to defeat Karine.

   "Why did you freak out earlier when we were planning?" Lithium asked out of nowhere.

   "Karine's just stressing me out," Nyxium replied, shrugging. "You know how it is."

   "Oh come on!" Lithium shouted, throwing his hands up in the air. "I've known you forever, I know when you're lying. You never get angry like that, no matter how much stress you're under."