diamond

Around three years ago at my youth groups summer camp, we were all about to go to worship or something and I was talking to my friend, who I'll call Rose

Around three years ago at my youth groups summer camp, we were all about to go to worship or something and I was talking to my friend, who I'll call Rose. She is pretty much my best friend, you could say. We were both sitting on a top bunk across from each other. I don't really remember what we were talking about but we started talking about texting Brady for literally no reason at all. So I did. The worst mistake I've ever made.

"Hey." I send him.
"Who is this?" He replies. I'm sort of taken aback, but I get over it.
"Billy Bob." I say, like a complete retard. He immediately stops texting.
"We're leaving! If you don't come now, we're leaving without you." Our leader says. Rose and I both get up and follow. I leave my phone on the bed because I don't like to take it with me to worship. After we get back, it's around ten at night. I get up and look at my phone. There are around four or five missed calls from "No Caller ID." I don't bother calling them back, but they do. I answer. "Hello?" I say.
"Maddie?" The person on the other end says, in more of a question as why it was me who answered.
"Uh, yeah? Who is this?"
"Is your mom around?"
"No, I'm not at home."
"Where are you?"
"My youth group."
"At ten at night?"
"Yeah, it's a week long camp."
"Can you give me your mothers number?"
"Hang on, I can't really hear you." I ask a leader if I can go outside and she says no. Perfect. "Her number is *******." I say.
"Say that again." He says. I repeat the number. "Thanks." He says.
"Why do you need it?"
"We've called the police." He says.
"Um, why?" I ask. He never replies. I hang up and call my brother because he'd most likely be awake. "Hello?" He asks.
"Get mom or dad." I say, trying not to freak out.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Just get her, all right?"
"Okay."
"Maddie?" My mom's voice on the other line. I sigh.
"So, Brady's dad just called, saying he called the police."
"What? Why?" She asks.
"He never said. I think he's gonna call you though." I say. We get it sorted and his dad calls my mom. She calls me back. "He said that you texted Brady, saying you were 'Billy Bob'?" She asks.

To this day, I still hate to think about this. It makes me cringe and it hurts my soul.

"Yeah, but what bothers me is that he knew it was me. Like he thought I'd rape his son or something." I say. "Yeah, well he also said that they had another encounter with a guy who was texting Brady and that it really scared them when you texted. Also, your voicemail didn't help all when you didn't answer." She says. I had completely forgot about my voicemail. A few months before, in October, my dad and I were watching The Ring outside in the backyard inside the gazebo. "You know what'd be really cool?" He asked. "What?" I replied, sitting up.
"If we had a voicemail that said 'Seven Days.'" He said. The biggest smile grew on my face as I got up out of my chair and walking towards him, sitting on the ground. I handed him my phone, which was ready to record for a voicemail. "Seven Days." He said, trying his best to sound like Samara. He pressed 'stop' and played it. We both shook our heads. "Nah, that wasn't whispery enough." I said. He nodded and agreed.
"Yeah." I pressed 'record' again and he said, "Seven Days." We played it again and that went on another five times before he got it just right. "That was good." I said. He nodded. "I liked that. Now every time you don't answer your phone, it'll say 'Seven Days.'" He said. I nodded and I was pretty satisfied with myself.

I don't think Brady and I talked at all after that. That was literally the last time. We stopped going to PE and he continued to go. It was rough for me, but I soon got over it.