Hungry

Keith sat cross legged beside Hunk on the floor of the hangar. He swept his hair behind his ear to study the pieces carefully laid out in front of him.

"This is ridiculous," Keith muttered. "How am I supposed to know that I'm doing this properly? THE ENTIRE MANUAL IS IN ALTEAN!" He tossed the manual to the side. "Quiznak! Where did I put my screwdriver?"

"It's in your tool belt, Keith." Hunk said calmly.

"Right," he replied with growing frustration.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine! Never better!"

Hunk cocked his head with concern. "You're turning the screwdriver the wrong way."

Keith paused and looked down at what he was doing. He sighed and dropped it. "Okay, maybe I do need a break."

Hunk smiled kindly. "We all need a break ever now and then. It's alright."

Keith sighed. "How can we form Voltron without Red?"

"Shiro will figure something out. He always does. Hey," he clapped his hands against his knees before rising to his feet. "I'm feeling kinda hungry. You wanna grab something to eat before we get back to the repairs?"

"Okay, but I'm going straight back to work when I'm done."

"Sounds good. Just don't overwork yourself." He held out his hand to help Keith up. "Let's go."
___________________________

The moment they stepped into the dining room, Keith's attention darted to the sound of a plate being set down on the table. His eyes scanned the green goo that he once considered unappetizing with a new desire.

"You alright, Keith? You look like you're in a trance." Pidge took a bite of the food and chewed thoughtfully.

"Hungry," Keith whispered. He turned away, eyes glinting unnaturally in the light. After a split second, Keith blinked and his eyes returned to their dark violet hue.

Pidge blinked. "Um... okay? Well, you know where it is..." she pointed with the spoon before taking another bite. She quirked her brow at Hunk who shrugged.

Keith retrieved a plate from the table and turned to the nozzle before being stopped by Hunk. "Don't worry. I'll get that for you." Hunk took Keith's plate to fill it then handed it back.

He smiled gratefully. "Thanks." Keith cocked his head when he looked up to see that he was uneasy. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

"No, of course not!" He waved the question off. "Everything's fine. Right Pidge?"

Pidge nodded and patted the chair beside her. "Come sit by me."

Keith watched her with curious, unblinking eyes but did as he was told. The chair squeaked under him as he pulled his chair closer to the table.

"So, uh... how's Red's repairs coming along? I'm always here to help if you need it."

Keith shook his head before digging his spoon into the food. "Don't need help."
He put the spoon to his mouth and chewed.

Hunk moved to sit on Keith's other side. His gaze switched from Pidge to Keith as Keith studied the food. "Whatcha thinking about, buddy?"

"Hungry." He looked down at his plate.

"You mentioned that," Pidge replied.

Keith tossed the spoon aside and reached for the food, digging into it with his bare hands. Food splattered all over the table and Keith's chair as he dug into the meal with ravenous hunger.

Hunk jumped from his seat. "I don't think that's normal."

"Hey, Keith?" Pidge placed a hand on his shoulder.

Keith's attention snapped to her with a dot of green on the tip of his nose and hair falling into his face. His eyes showed no sign that he recognized her. He let out a low growl, eyes reflecting the yellow light.

Pidge scooted back in her chair and shot up. "Let's get Shiro."

Hunk nodded quickly before they both ran out, leaving Keith alone to devour his meal.