Zarkon

Haggar's footsteps echoed down the dimly lit corridor of the Galran ship, coming to a halt when she reached the throne room. She bowed to the heavily armored Galra who sat there, cold eyes boring holes into her own.

"I hope you bring good news to me, Haggar." Zarkon's voice rumbled. The greeting seemed polite enough but Haggar knew from experience that there was a threat laced in his words.

"Indeed, my lord. I bring you great news."

"After your failure, you should wish for nothing less," he growled.

Haggar nodded slowly. "It was but a minor setback. The Blue Paladin's actions took us by surprise. But we have only just begun. My sources tell me that the Red Paladin will soon give in to our commands."

"How can you be so sure?"

Haggar smiled. "Humans are a weak creature. The Galra are strong. I see a battle raging within the Red Paladin that he is bound to lose. After he loses his battle, his mind will fall on neutral ground, allowing for the strongest side to take over."

Zarkon' hands curled into fists. "What does this have to do with the Black Lion?"

"That leads me to other news. I have saved the best news for last."

Zarkon leaned forward in his throne. His chin rested heavily on his fist. "Well?" He demanded. "What is it?"

"While we held the Red Paladin here, I have come to learn a great secret. You and the Voltron leader are not the only ones who can pilot the Black Lion. Not only would the Red Paladin make a proper soldier, but he seems to hold the key to the Black Lion as well."

Zarkon cracked a smile, his eyes glinting with excitement. "How very interesting," he mused.