New Reinforcements

Lance yawned and rolled over to hug Keith closer. Keith watched Lance's serene features with a small smile. He woke up a long time ago but didn't want to leave for training just yet. This was one of these moments that he wished would last a little longer. He kissed Lance's forehead.

Lance blinked his piercing blue eyes groggily. "Mmmorning, love..." his words were drawn out in the slur of tired speech.

His smile widened. Gosh, why did his sleepy voice have to be so adorable? "Mornin'."

He yawned and pulled Keith toward him. "Can't... function... need love."

He chuckled. "What?"

"Kisses please." He pointed to his lips.

"You're so weird."

"I neeeeed kisses..." he complained, resting his hand on Keith's back and rubbing small circles into it. "Pleeeaaaase? Revive me..." Keith rolled his eyes and pecked his lips. Lance closed his eyes and hummed contently. "Mm... more please." He kissed him again, longer this time. His lips softly carassed Lance's. "...again." He smiled and shook his head with a small laugh before crawling over Lance to lay on top of him. Lance's hands rested on Keith's hips to keep him in place as he kissed him again, this time longer and deeper than before. It felt like ages, yet still too soon, by the time they broke away again. Lance smiled at Keith.

"Awake yet?" Keith asked.

"Hmm... I'll think about it..."

Keith laughed.

Lance's gaze softened. "Hey, Keith?"

Keith cocked his head to the side. "Yeah?" Lance seemed nervous. Keith was instantly on alert.

"...I was thinking--"

The alarms blared. "Paladins! Your presence is needed on the main deck. Reinforcements have arrived!" Allura's voice called over the intercom.

They both groaned in annoyance at the same time. "Guess you're gonna have to hold onto that thought..." Keith sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed.

"Do we have to go...?"

"Yeah. It's kinda our job to meet them... especially you since you rallied them together..."

"How do you know--"

"--Who else?" He raised his brows with a knowing smile. "Lucky guess... and Shiro told me."

"Oh... right..." Lance nodded. "Makes sense."

He stood up. "Yep. Get dressed. We need to meet them as soon as possible. Dress to impress."

"Oh you don't have to worry about that." He flashed a grin as he begrudgingly got out of bed and crossed over to his dresser to find clothes. "Meet you there?"

Keith turned to him, watching Lance fidget with his hands before shoving them in his pockets. He wanted to say something but thought better of it. Instead, he nodded and stepped out of the room. "See you there."

Lance winked and Keith rolled his eyes with a small smile before leaving to return to his own dorm. He shook his head in confusion as he walked. What did Lance want to say? Couldn't have been bad... right? Did something happen during the weeks he was gone? Keith tried not to dwell on it. The thought caused more anxiety than it was worth. He opened the door to his dorm. For now, he needed to change and go to meet the new reinforcements.