Keith, Little Lion Man

Keith stared up at the ceiling, listening to Lance's quiet snoring. He turned to face him. Keith couldn't bring himself to sleep. There was too much on his mind. He sat up carefully and slipped out from under the blankets, kissing Lance's forehead. He paused when he noticed Lance's jacket on the floor. As he picked it up to hang it on the hook, he reached into the pocket, picking out the ring. He inspected it for a time before putting the ring on his finger. A perfect fit...

He looked to Lance one last time before opening the door and heading out.
___________________________

Keith arrived at the training deck to find Shiro already there, sweating as he fought off two gladiators at once. Shiro's form was calculated and confident as he sliced through the gladiators with his metal arm. Shiro glanced up, noticing Keith.

"End training sequence!" The gladiators were swallowed up into the floor and Shiro straightened up, wiping the sweat from his brow before stretching. "You alright, Keith?"

"Yeah... fine. I just didn't think anyone would be training this late," He stepped onto the training deck.

"I couldn't sleep..."

"You too?"

Shiro paused his stretches to look over at Keith.

"I mean..."

Shiro put a hand on his shoulder. "You haven't been sleeping well, have you?"

Keith glanced up at him and hesitated before shaking his head. "I thought things would be better now... I found my mom... Zarkon is gone... and now we finally have a chance for the war to end."

"Yes... a treaty with his son..."

Keith nodded slowly.

"Keith, What happened back there? Lotor seemed to want to talk to you and only you about it..."

"Thace..." Keith looked away. "He was  a galra soldier... and my uncle."

Shiro's eyes widened.

"He helped me until Zarkon found out and executed him." Keith struggled to keep his words even. "Now Lotor says he killed Zarkon... I should be happy."

Shiro nodded. "But you're not."

Keith shook his head. "It Just seems too easy... after everything we went through... but What choice do we have? The Galra are merciless! They won't stop until an entire army is dead."

"I think you're right."

"What do We do?"

"I'll see if Allura would allow you to sit in at the meeting to discuss the treaty..."

Keith looked up at him in uncertainty. Shiro returned his gaze with one of reassurance. "I know you'll be a valuable member to have in that room, Keith. I know Allura is less than thrilled to work with any of the Galra... which is why we need you."

"Shiro... you're the leader of Voltron, Not me."

"Fine. Then it's an order."

"What?!"

Shiro crossed his arms. "You're going to that meeting even if I have to drag you there. Allura will kill me, but she'll have to accept it."

"But Shiro!"

"No buts! Im The leader of Voltron, Not You..." he smiled when he threw Keith's own words back at him.

Keith scowled at him while Shiro smiled back, knowing he won. "Fine! I'll go..."