Far From Over

"Hold up!" Lance exclaimed, pulling back on the stick. Red paused, groaning in frustration. "Yeah, I know but we should think this through. We don't have any backup, so we should be more careful."

A low growl vibrated from Red's throat.

"Or we could charge?" Lance furrowed his brows. "Somehow I don't think it would be the best idea. What?"

Red growled louder this time, her gears whirred urgently.

Lance cocked his head. "You know where he is right now? Like... exact location on the ship?"

Red huffed as if to say that it was blatantly obvious.

"Okay, fine. Have it your way." Lance shifted gears and the two rocketed forward, pounding into the side of the ship. Red raked her claws against the side with surging energy.
___________________________

BANG!

Haggar paused. "What, in Zarkon's name--"

BANG!

Keith blinked dazedly. "R-Red?"

"Who's Red?" The soldier asked.

BANG!

"She's my lion..." he smiled weakly. "She's here... she found me."

SCREEEEEECH! Metal shrieked against metal.

"GUARDS! GUARDS!" Haggar screamed.

The soldier braced herself for another ground shaking hit. "Okay, change of plans, then. I'm taking you to your lion."

"How...? Y-you can't fight well with me weighing you down."

She shot him a confident smile. "I may not be able to fight at my full potential, but I can fight just fine, little one."

Keith couldn't help but notice the hint of excitement in her tone.

The soldier turned and lurched forward, extending the sword in her right hand as far as it would go while keeping the second sword close to her side for defense. She made eye contact with Haggar for a brief moment for rushing toward her, slicing at her in a whirlwind of motion.

As Haggar ducked out of the way, Keith noticed a silver glint at her waist. "My dagger!"

The soldier ducked under the blow of a Galra soldier who had come to Haggar's aid and elbowed the second one hard in the knee, throwing them to the floor. Keith bit back a cry of pain as the movement jostled his injured leg. "What did you say?" She asked.

"Haggar has it. It's at her waist, left side."

The soldier straightened up and looked to Haggar for a split second before deflecting another hit. "I see it." She spun around to catch a blade between her crossed swords. "We'd better hurry before the blasters come."

There was a deafening roar as the Red lion pushed it's way onto the ship, batting away Galra soldiers left and right with its front paws.

The soldier paused for just a moment to stare in awe at the magnificent mechanical beast before her. A heavy weight threw them to the ground. Keith screeched in pain, his vision becoming blurry. The mask fell away from the soldier's face.