𝐝𝐨'𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭'𝐬.

FOREWARNING
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The following content proclaims that reader discretion is advised.

harsh and explicit language
multiple reality checks
lots of clichés
loads of parodies
weak yet explicit sexual content
cringe-worthy grammar and formatting
maybe a few laughs

CLARIFICATION
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Before we start on the digging and improving of the material, we have to know and have a good understanding of the material.

What is Urban Fiction?

Urban Fiction is a very defined literary genre made up of the socio-economic realities and culture of its characters in an urban setting, the setting in most works of urban fiction taking place in the inner cities. The story material is usually pretty heavy and tells about the hardships of street life and about the neighborhoods that suffer under extreme violence, gangs, sexual gratuity, and poverty, and usually involves African American or Latino and Hispanic characters since these races usual reside in these areas.

To some, when they hear "Urban Fiction", it's the automatic assumption that these books are only filled with nothing but hard-core gangsters, strippers, guns and drugs—the whole damn nine yards, and sometimes that's not the case.

Urban fiction is based on the urban setting of the story—the city landscape. An urban fiction book doesn't always have to be the "gangsta'/crime life", urban fiction can be written under any plot. That, meaning it doesn't have to always be in the nitty-gritty hood, and you don't always have to have black characters, but what I'll be mostly talking about is that African American urban fiction—the shit that is in those hoods, and that has black and Latino and Hispanic characters, but I'll brush on the other types of plots you can use later on in the book.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

If you actually want to improve your writing in Urban Fiction and maybe even in another genre, I believe this is a nice place to start. I'm really helpful, and really nice even though you won't think so while you continue to read on.

A lot of people who not only write these types of "struggle" urban fiction stories but also read the mothafuckas might be butt-hurt by the content I'll be writing, and quite frankly, I'm not gone give a fuck. This is my, and a whole lot of other authors and readers' opinions on these shits, and if you don't like it, or what I'm saying, please kick rocks and get the stepping.

Also, I'm not sitting here and saying I'm the world's best authoress, and that I think my writing is the best out of everybody else's. Not true. I think I have enough background, enough information, and enough understanding to help and guide a few people who want that extra push and exposure to urban fiction. I've been writing for a long time, and I'm still learning things; trust.

So anyway, let's go ahead and embark on this treacherous journey. Together, of course.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃