07. "𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜" [𝟑].

Okay, what we're writing is fiction, I get that and so should you, but is it wrong to try to make your books realistic? Your characters realistic?

Well, I've been writing for a little minute, so the character development/description I use, in this case; physical, is very vague and straight to the point. I can use that little information and take off with it. Some people cannot, and so I'm here to help with that.⇩

NAME: Something unheard of is very hard to come up with; I usually look at the back of CD cases, or movie credits and mash names together

NAME: Something unheard of is very hard to come up with; I usually look at the back of CD cases, or movie credits and mash names together. Involving the ethnic background can be help too. Whatever the race of your character is, look up first and last names that are usually found amongst them. Nicknames also help the character(s) seem more realistic.

BIRTHDAY: I go off of my friend's and family's birthdays, and just put the right years. Please remember that if you're writing about anybody 25 yrs old and older, they were born in the 80's and up, and their childhood was spent in the 90's and up.

ZODIAC SIGNS: I love zodiac signs and horoscopes, and I usually create my characters around them—their personality, their likes, their dislikes, their strengths, their weaknesses; all that shit.

BACKGROUND: This involves things such as Parents/Siblings/Family, Country/Planet born in, Nationality, Friends, Religion, and Influence/Upbringing. This shapes and defines how your character developed into the person he/she is now.

DESCRIPTIONS/LOOKS: On Wattpad, we usually use celebrities and IG/Pinterest/Polyvore/Tumblr/Google models. Some of y'all think that's all y'all need—to put a picture on the page and put the name above it and call it a day. But then later on in the story when you're describing the character with brown eyes, and a reader comments "but her picture got green eyes tho'"; and now you sitting there looking crazy.

head shape
eye color
eye shape
hair color
hair length
nose shape
lip shape
chin shape
height
weight
skin tone
shoulder to waist ratio
breast size
hip size

Please go by these. I'll also be going more into descriptions and details, so hold tight.

For the character(s), going by these two things will save you and have you create not only a reasonable character but a realistic one as well. Start with the three W's.

WHEREBorn, Resides; This correlates to the character(s) background and personality, such as accents, upbringing, slang/sayings.
WHAT Purpose; This correlates to the plot the character(s) are in, which includes the conflict, the opportunities, the choices and actions and the benefits and consequences that come from these choices and actions. These shape the character(s)'s personality, moral value, and mental state.
WHOMake-Up; This correlates to the being of the character(s), which is the health, sexuality, mentality, stages of life, danger, triumph, defeat, growth and decay of the character(s); all this effects the plot.

Define your character's purpose or goal.
This would deal with the plot. Your character should have a goal. Whether they want to get out the hood and go to college, become a kingpin, get a specific girl or boy, have children, make money; whatever, they need to have a goal or purpose, this not only makes your character, it makes your story.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHOR'S
NOTE

If you got any questions on the ways to make a character, lemme' know in the comment section.