15. "𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎".

Like I said before, this chapter will be fairly short, since they are mostly dont's—meaning I'm mostly saying you shouldn't do them.

An author note is suppose to be information the readers need to know about to continue on with the story or just a small message to their readers. It's there to clarify something within the story or tell something to make the reader's experience better.

YOUR AUTHOR'S NOTES
SHOULD NOT:
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

1. Be in the middle of the fucking book. It's tacky.
example: He didn't have anytime to eat the pancakes his mother cooked for him; he had to get to school. (A/N: I love pancakes, frfr.)

2. Longer than the chapter damn near.
Realistically, your author's note shouldn't be longer than a paragraph; let's take it back to elementary—five sentences, but maybe sometimes you really have some shit to say, so keep that shit short and sweet as possible and straight to the point.

3. Asking your readers what they want to see in your story/plot.
Who's writing the book? You or they ass? Your story is going to end up being trash because you didn't stick to your own story because you wanna' be a people pleaser.

4. Telling your readers that you did not edit the chapter and to expect grammar errors within the chapter.
You had all the time to write this chapter and all the time to write a fucking author's note saying it's not edited and it's misspelled words everywhere, but you couldn't take fifteen to twenty minutes of your time to go over some shit you wrote, and you honestly expect somebody not to complain?

Get a grip and be the fuck for real, okay?!

5. "Threatening" and "telling" readers to have a certain amount of votes and comments set for an update.
I thought this was some 2013 Wattpad shit in the past but niggas is really still out here doing this. You are tacky and very much lame if you put a vote and comment goal in your author's note, and if you actually abide by that corny shit, you tacky as fuck too. That genuinely shows how you operate and go about shit to your readers. Ask your readers to comment and vote, not demand and threaten.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHOR'S
NOTE

Lemme' know about some author's notes from some authors that made it hard for you to continue on with their book(s) in the comment section.