Butterflies

That morning the girls sat around the breakfast table half asleep. Dee fell asleep with her make up on and the eye liner faded down on each side if her face. Shania had her hood up with hoodie strings tight, always arguing that the mansion was cold enough without Michael lurking around. Faith wore her pink shower cap from the night before and crunched on her cereal in glasses before her contact routine.
Dee puts her tangled hair up into a bandana up do and goes back to sipping orange juice. Michael  appears indian style on the counter, in the form he always has. Bright faced and joyful in his white chemise and black pants.
"Good Morning girls.."
He purrs and they all look over their shoulder. Michael giggles seeing them so disheveled and he jokes, "Y'all look like you just got outta prison."
Dee groans,
"Freaking feel like it.."

Michael comes close and he takes a new place, ontop of the table on the end.
"You guys haven't been sleeping well have you?"
They all shake their heads and Faith groans, "We've stayed up till 1am each night prepping for B&B season."
Shan looks up and says,
"Washing windows, scrubbing floors and making beds."
Dee pulls up her sleeve revealing the tarnish and dried polish water covering her hands,
"Don't forget shining silver."

Michael looks to them all and sees how tired they seemed. Although in the back of his mind he knew that the main motive of their efforts was to see him smile at others being happy.
He tsks and says,
"I'll go grab your mail for you."
Michael mists into the air and he travels himself outside. He gets to the outside patio and travels through the hedges, not worrying about walk ways. He approaches the mail tin until a small yapping noise catches his attention. There in the distance and now charging was a small, gray Schnauzer, barking wildly. Michael flinches and gasps until realizing, "Wait? I'm such a nut. What's he gonna do??"

Little dogs could always sense ghostly prescence and Michael  resented that part of his eternity. He rather hated dogs after being bitten during his life.
"Now Oscar..." a soft voice answers approaching. Michael sees the neighbor from miles down the road, retrieve her little rat back to his leash.
"Don't you go running off like that. What are you barking at?"
Oscar continued his yapping towards Michaels form and Michael snarls, "Eh! Shut up!"

"Now, hush boy.." the calm, collected woman purred and Michael scoffs opening the mail box,
"Yeah Carol. Take your mutt and go."
Carol's eyes widen to the mail box opening on its own in her eyes and Michael freezes, "Oh boy. I've done it now."
Carol looks around suspicious, she notices the slight breeze and shrugs the incident away fanning herself to the heat.
"Yeah, yeah.." Michael grins spiteful, "Move along, Carol. Save some make up and Tang juice for the rest of humanity."
Michael takes the few envelopes from inside the tin and reenters the house, once inside he morphs back into vision and whistles as he reads the names on the letters.
"Faith..." he says dropping two beside her and then the same to Dee.

Michael flips to the last letter in the stack and sees that it has a very intricate wax seal to its front.
He hums excited and says,
"It's for Shania."
Shania opens the letter, breaking the artful seal and she mutters recognising the symbol stamped into the wax, "Please don't tell me......"
She scans over the contents of the letter and she groans for a straight several seconds into the ceiling.
The girls look to her curious along with Michael and she begins to explain disgusted.
"Alright. Here's the jist. Remember how I told you back home my family owns their own chain of well known jewelry stores?"
The girls nodded and Shan explains, "My father, head of the company, basically a diamond tycoon at this point, holds this really fancy get together and every year I have to go and dance with this guy."

Faith and Dee gawk confused and ask, "What guy? What do you mean?"
Shan scoffs explaining further,
"His name is Joseph and he's the son of my fathers rival store. Father has begged me for years to date him but ugghhh."