NL Christmas : S3E6

《I know this took literally two months to be published but I've been every where between, airports and Key West and college and sleeping. I'm really sorry but I love you guys and I'm gonna do better with consistent posting. It's my new years resolution ♡♡》

~~Starbucks Coffee, Los Angeles, CA

"These peppermint machiattos get more sugary every year.." Dee says smacking her lips from the foam and sugar in her coffee and Shan looked outside to the rain. "It's so weird that it's the eve of Christmas eve and it's raining. In Wisconsin, we're lucky not to be under eight foot of snow." Shan says drawing a smiley face in the fog of the window.

Faith pulled her jacket closer and she says, "It's still cold for L.A. but this is nothing compared to winter back home in Cincinnati."

Dee stared into space and she says numbly, "You guys ever miss home?"

The two shrug their shoulders unsure how to answer and Shan says, "I miss my sisters sometimes. Not really my parents though. I miss the feeling of home."

Faith nodded and she says, "I would've flown to Cincinnati this Christmas but the weather is just too crazy right now. This snow storm is killing all the fun from Christmas back home." Dee sighed and she rested her elbow on the table top, in deep thought. Michael didn't celebrate Christmas especially after death. Last year, the girls felt too pressured to not mention the holiday so they didn't.

They flew to their hometowns to avoid offending Michael's beliefs. This year they all knew it has to be different. Shan scrolled through her Instagram and she sees a throwback video from Michael's past. That year when Elizabeth Taylor visited Neverland and gave Michael a reason for happiness that Christmas. She smiles and she sat her phone to where they all could see. She smiled ear to ear and she says, "When's the last time Mike and Liz talked ya think?"

"I have no idea.." Faith said smiling, getting the hint and Dee begins to giggle, "Only one way to find out."

~~~ Back at Neverland, later that day. Faith knocked on Michael's door and she calls out wanting to know if he was around. The girls all stood listening and they watched as the door creeps open slightly. That usually meant Michael was allowing them inside and they step into his icy filled room. Their teeth chattered knowing he was around and they watched as he appeared sitting indian style in his grand canopy bed with his phone in hand. Dee and Shan held their arms shivering but Faith begin to snarl as her teeth chattered freezing from the outside cold seeping in with his ghostly presence.

"Michael, I'd love t-t-to join you on the other s-s-side but not from-m hypothermia-a!!"

He smiles laughing as he pulls his earbuds cutely from his ears listening to music and he goes to the fire. "Wow, you living folk are a bunch of pansies." He snapped his fingers and from the logs sprouted an orange flame and the girls huddle next to it for warmth and Faith crouched by the rug. Michael sat in his arm chair still laughing at their shivering and chattering and he wonders, "What are you guys up to?"

The orange fire light illuminated his face beautifully as always and there they melted for other reasons besides sweet warmth and Shan swooned, "Just wanted to ask you something.."

Dee nudged her as her fangirl began to show and Faith wondered, holding her knees, sitting ball position infront of the fireplace and she mentions, "Of course you can say no, but we wanted to ask you about Elizabeth Taylor."

He smiled and he assured warmly, "You can ask me about anything. But why Elizabeth? She is not fairing well with her age right now, God bless her soul."

"How do you know?"
Dee asks from the back and Michael admitted, "I've visited her, time after time. When I finally discovered I could travel my spirit other places beside Neverland. Elizabeth, she's in the care of home nurses, and if she wasn't such a fighter, that poor lady would be on her death bed."