NL Trainee: S3E9

Dee paced infront of the giant window with numerous panes that Michael kept in his study. They never enjoyed the atmosphere of the study.  All the undertones of business and maturity never suited Michael but Dee enjoyed the view that stretched across the front lawn.

She still wore her hostess blazer and Shania knocked on the door. Dee was jolted to attention being someplace else and Shania scoffed,
"Jesus, I've been looking for you everywhere."

Dee sighed sitting down in the leather office chair and she said,
"I've been up here ever since we let what's-his-face go. I hate that I'm this unsteady, but I have to be. I think Michael hates it too."

Shania sat on the side of the desk and she motioned with a finger to wait reached for her cell phone. She opens Instagram and hands it to Dee across the desk,
"Check out his instagram for yourself."

Dee skimmed through his profile. He did have a lot of followers, enough publicity to certainly have a more upbeat impact on this place. She goes further and further to see all of his photos of his impressions of Michael's outfits and eras. All were astonishing but none were good enough to let her standards falter.

She sighed and handed the phone back,
"I feel like drinking."

"We haven't drank since Valentine's Day." Shania said going to the liquor cabinet kept in the study and Dee goes to fetch glasses. She shook her head knowing she would never see Romeo the way Shania or anyone else did and it was heartbreaking.

"I don't know what to do with myself."

Shania twisted the cap from some spiced rum and she flicked the cap away smirking. She poured them both a drink and she spoke,
"I've been friends with you for as long as I can remember, I can read you like a book. And I've only been wrong once."

Dee took a sip and she smacked her lips from the burning of alcohol in her throat, "And?"

Shania tipped her entire glass back like a man with one gulp and continued, "You've got your panties in a twist over us replacing, Faith. You think we will no longer be this outstanding, world conquering trifecta that we've always been once she leaves. And you think this guy is probably the first step in kicking Faith just completely out of our lives."

Dee shook her head and she shrugged, "Okay yeah, I'm pretty sour about replacing, Faith. She's basically my sister and she's been beside us ever since we started the Inn. I just wish she would suck at science and physics just a little more."

Shania giggled and she urged Dee to scoot over so they could both fit into the leather office chair behind Michael's desk. They clinked their glasses and Shania assured,
"Dee. I'm sad about Faith leaving, I am. I mean, we've basically been sisters from the start but she's going to college, she's not dying-"

Without either of them knowing Michael sat on the other side of the desk listening and watching as they conversed. He smiled seeing them both be so careful and business smart as they always seemed to hate the idea.

"Besides she'll be back during the summer, all summer. Just with us, sour puss. I honestly think Romeo deserves your blessing to honor Michael like we do."

Dee nodded taking a small sip and she says,
"It's just hard to read, Michael. And the last thing I want is to let him down. That's a fate far worse than death for me. He's basically our boss in everything."

Michael scoffed and he said unable to hear,
"Hey, I don't pay you. And how am I hard to read? The cryptic phase ended when I kicked the bucket, guys."

Shania smiled and she said,
"Yeah, were basically Michael's little angels walking around this place."

Dee chuckles under her breath and said blushing, "And we've dreamed about it since we we're twelve."