NL Pain Pills: S3E7

Michael entered the mansion beside his son and the girls all sat on the steps as guests roamed around the halls and parlors. They stand and Prince approached the stairs knowing it was only right to apologize.
"I'm sorry, that was uncalled for and I'm very sorry I acted so rudely. Paris, I'm sorry I shouted."

She shrugged and she says, "It's okay, bub. I'm sorry if I made you think I was forcing you here." He shook his head and Michael appeared at his side, "No."
He half smiled, "I needed to come." Michael tells the girls to bring Prince into the library to catch up but he stopped Paris by the arm. He pulls her away and she spat, "Daddy what are you doing?"

He kept his face stern and he drug her to space beneath the stairs away from everyones view. He reached in his pocket and reveals her pill bottle. Her entire attitude flipped and her shoulders drooped.

Michael breathed fire and he said, "I didn't raise you to pop pills. I didn't raise you to steal." His lips quivered and he made the room cold. His presence chilled in place of his eyes watering and he spoke grave and desperate, "Atleast I hope I didn't raise you to pop pills.."

Michael's addiction was long gone but he knew there were many days were he had to be around his children and the pills at the same time. Many days he put on a mask about being so strung out he could barely walk. Paris felt tears swell into her eyes and Michael chewed in a tense scold,
"You weren't crying when you were taking!"

She held her mouth and he seethed, "Paris, you knew that I struggled with pills! You knew that and you still chose to do this. I was a different person on pills, Paris. Please stop this.."

She shook her head and she said trying to make words. Paris had felt alone more than ever after moving away from Janet and she found herself in a new group of friends. Friends who enouraged her to pop away whatever she felt.

She missed Michael more than anything in the world and his death was the only thing defining her.

"You don't understand-" she tried and Michael blew up, "Don't say that I don't understand, Paris. I understand being addicted! I was addicted for ten years of my life!"

She cried more and she yelled out all at once, "I'm trying to get help! But who do I have to help me right now!!" Make-up smeared down both her cheeks and Michael was quiet. He fixed his eyes and Paris sobbed into her hands. Her boyfriend had just left for the second time and Janet was busy with a new baby. Rehab wasn't an option without someone to help her through it. Michael pulls her close and she jerked away. Tears stained in her cheeks with lines of washed away foundation and Michael stood his ground.

"You are a Jackson, Paris Katherine! Jackson's get back up when they are knocked down." She stomped away and she sputtered into the library echoing the walls, "Prince! We're getting out of here!"

Prince scoffed and he says, "Paris that's my car!" Paris demanded the keys but Michael forbidded she go anywhere tonight. And she didn't.

Prince told everyone goodbye and Paris watched in vain as her father tossed her Xanax over the gate, into the street.

~ Later that night~

"Where do you want me to sleep?" Paris asked sharply traveling up the steps after that nights dinner.
"There's people here and all the rooms are booked."

She argued more and Michael answered smartly, "You'll sleep in my room. And you better be asleep by eleven."

She cut her eyes, snapping back, "I am not twelve years old!"

The girls tried not to listen from the parlor below and all three cringed insync to that comment.

"Well, don't make decisions like a twelve year old then! Goodnight." Michael remarked and she slammed the door to his room then Michael vanished.