NL Replacement : S3E8

"Be careful okay." Dee said hugging Faith's neck with her small purple overnight bag by the door.

Faith was attending her first session of counseling for the fall semester at Standford university and the girls knew their time with their friend was reaching short.

"I'll be okay, I promise.  Just nervous."
Faith promised them both in a group hug and Shania picked up a box of tea for her stay in the motel away from home and Faith zipped it into her backpack.

"Thanks. I'll need a Prozac too if that's okay." They all laughed and the room grew cold.

"He knows his cues doesn't he?"

Michael appeared beside Faith,  coming from a misty figure and into full clarity, full bodied.

She smiled and he wrapped her into a hug with his illusion.  Michael kissed her cheek and said firmly with a grip on her shoulders,
"Be careful. Call the Inn when you get there."

"I will."
Michael patted her back with a loving smile and Dee tossed her the keys to her car for the trip.

The door closed, Dee and Shan sighed to sit on the bottom of the steps. 

"Honestly, it's starting to finally dawn on me that we'll be a hostess short coming this fall." Dee said half frowning. 

Shan kicked off her heels for a moment and she said rubbing her achey feet. "It won't be the same around here."

Michael appeared behind them and began talking, making them both jump out of their skin.

They heaved for air after jumping a mile and Michael laughs seeing their faces.

"Was that scary?"
He asks laughing and Shan spits,
"Geez. Give me a heart attack next time, huh?"

Michael laughs and suddenly he stopped. He looks to the door and he was frozen.  Shan and Dee were confused seeing him so solid and focused.

He noticed the sound of footsteps outside that the girls couldn't hear and he sees something outside the gates.

He listened with his spirit ability and he said,
"Someone is standing outside our gates. Someone is leaving the Inn, walking to the gates."

Shan and Dee stand up to find two girls walking in their pajamas and keeping their heads on a swivel as they sneak to the front gates,  down the gravel road.

The girls sneak out the patio doors and see what they're up to. They hid behind Michael's tree in the front lawn and see them approach the gate,  still looking over their shoulder every second.

"What is going on?" Dee whispered and Michael appeared in the tree on the lower limb. He looked through the leaves and he said,
"There's some clown dressed like me!"

Dee and Shan look around the tree trunk and the two girls were swooning after a Michael Jackson  impersonator.

He was dressed in the typical sparkly black jacket with with socks coming from his loafers and reflective aviators over his eyes.

Although the outfit was total thrift store material, the guy genuinely resembled a young michael.

"Not bad." Dee shrugged quietly and Shan made the so-so gesture. 

Michael rolled his eyes and he called down,
"This guy is a poser. What's he doing outside anyhow?"

Shan and Dee looked closer and they see the girls flirtatiously walking away and the girls hid back behind the tree.

"It looks like he's getting those girls' numbers." Dee said as they shuffled along trying to stay hidden. They moved behind a bush but looked back to the gates to see the impersonator adding those digits to his phone and they hid back behind the shrub.