Chapter 3- Oh, yay! Running!

•Blair P.O.V•

I whipped around, and the best i can do to describe how i felt is just...
WTF AJFKSSJOFNSKSHDKFNKSJ!?

All I know is I screamed, grabbed Lola and booked it out of there. I mean, like, I was fucking sonic. We were sprinting and running from... SOMEthing... I was later told it was a laistrygonian or whatever. I didn't care, it was huge and I was frightened, for not my own life, but my sisters. I mean, if you've got a younger sibling and you see a huge ass creep trying to turn you into a pancake, tell me your first thought isn't on protecting your younger sis or bro, but on you. And I'll slap you, cause that's messed up.

"DEMIGOD!!!"  The ground shook with his voice. (A/N: Ha, shook.)

"SORRY, WRONG NUMBER!" I yelled, yanking Lola behind a dumpster. "Stay here and don't move, Kay?" She whimpered, tears in her eyes, but nodded. I smiled and kissed her forehead, "Hey, I'll be right back, okay?" She nodded again and wiped her nose. I crossed my eyes and stuck my tongue out. She giggled and I laughed. "BRB, fam!" I stood and turned away. I regret that decision so much... I never should have left her alone. As I jogged back to check on the monster, I heard a boy yelling.

"Oh, god." I breathed, turning the corner and seeing a teenage guy standing over the giant, and stabbing him in the neck with a black sword. The monster exploded into dust, showering the boy in gold.

I gaped at him.
"H-how...? W-where... WHAT?!?" He glanced at me, and promptly passed out. "Oh, come on! Are you bloody kidding me?!" I ran over and rolled him over before he accidentally snorted monster dust. "Hey! Hey, wake up!" I slapped him gently, "Oi! Waky-waky!!"

He groaned, "Uggghh, fuck me..."  I frowned, "Um, excuse  me?"  His eyes fluttered and I caught my breath. His eyes were the darkest brown I've ever seen. They were so dark, they practically glowed. I lost myself in those black pools. "Uh... You p-passed out-t..." I stammered, trying to remember what had happened. He blinked again, all slow like. That son of a bitch. He new I was checking him out.  His lips pulled back in a slow smile. Clearing my throat, I pulled my gaze away from him. "Ummm...." Then I suddenly remembered, "LOLA!!" I shot to my feet, sprinting back to the alley.

"HEY! Wait a sec, will ya?" I heard the boy calling me back but I ignored him. I had to get back to Lola. Ripping around the corner I checked behind the dumpster.

It was empty.

My heart fell into my shoes. "Lola?" My voice sounded far away. The world swirled around me and the last thing I remember was seeing was the boy peek around the corner. Then everything went black.

°Nico P.O.V.°

Well, I found her.

Mrs. O' Leary had decided the closest place to get to the girl was from right behind a massive thigh. "SHIT!" I yelled leaping off her back as she disappeared into smoke, presumably to go back to camp. The thigh, turns out, was connected to a waist, that was connected to a torso that was holding a neck that connected to a very ugly head with an extremely angry face. "Oh gods!" I yelped, ducking as a huge hand swiped at me.

"DEMIGOD!!!!"  It roared. I wasn't sure if it ment me, or the girl I had just noticed running away. "SORRY, WRONG NUMBER!!" She screamed, running full tilt towards a nearby alley.

Big Ugly roared and started after her. "Oh boy..." I mumbled, unsheathing (A/N: I like how 'dishwashing' was one of my auto correct options for 'unsheathing' lol) my sword. "HEY, UGLY!!" The monster glanced at me and yelped as I shadow travelled to his face and stabbed him in the eye. "Ahhh!"

I landed on his shoulder and stabbed at his collar. He screamed again and fell, clutching his neck. Climbing on top of him, I raised my sword and stabbed him in the back of his neck, slicing down. He screamed, and exploded.

"Oh, ew..." I wiped dust off my shoulder and caught the girls eye. She was watching with her mouth hanging open. I was about to walk over when a wave of nausea suddenly washed over me. I stumbled and fell, blacking out.

I woke up seconds later to hear her voice above me, "Hey! Hey, wake up!" She slapped me softly, nudging my head. "Oi! Waky-waky!"

I shifted, groaning, "Uuuuugggghh, fuck me...."

"Umm, excuse me?" Shit... I forced open my eyes. She blinked and stared at me. I was slightly surprised. Her eyes were... purple. No one had purple eyes. Well, except... Oh, shit.

"Uh... You p-passed out-t..." The words sounded forced. Oh my gods, I almost laughed. Wow, even covered in monster dust and sweat, she was still- Wow, I'm honoured. Blinking, I smiled. She blushed and looked away, coughing lightly. Then her eyes widened. "LOLA!!"

She was on her feet a second later, booking it back to the alley. I sat up, frowning. There was no doubt in my mind that this was the demigod I was supposed to get, she would have definitely died if I hadn't showed up. Smashed into a pancake. "HEY! Wait a sec will ya?" I stood slowly and almost fell again. I flinched and pressed a hand to my head. "Ow." The monster must have clipped me with his hand before he died.

I stumbled after the girl, arriving just in time to see her eyes roll back in her head as her legs buckled and she crumpled. I hobbled over and knelt by her, cradling her head in my lap. I was too weak to shadow travel all the way to camp and Mrs. O' Leary must be weak as well.

"Fuck." I growled. I searched her pockets, but no luck. She didn't have a phone. I sighed and scooted back till I could lean against the wall, pulling her into my lap. I wrapped my arms around her gingerly. Tucking her close to me, I finally relaxed.

"Gods protect us..." I mumbled, unconsciously stroking her soft hair. She shifted, murmuring in her sleep, "ngh...Lollllaaa...." I cocked my head, Who's Lola? I gently brushed some dirt from her cheek. She frowned lightly in her sleep, pressing more firmly against me. I glanced around. "No ones here, Nico. Chill out..." I laughed nervously.

I stared at her face. This chick almost get herself killed. I brushed my fingers along her cheek again... just because.

A/N: Do you like edits? I like edits. I think I like the new direction this story is taking. I hope you do too. Now please enjoy, friends!
~ Gracie 😎