Chapter 6: TIME FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND NOT THE STUFF YOU ASKED FOR

•Blair P.O.V•

Blair? BLAIR!! HELP ME!

"LOLA!!" 

My eyes snapped open and I bolted up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, I stood. 'I've got to find Lola!'

...

Or you know that is what I could have done, if I was a character in a book or some shiz. That's not how it went down at all. Here's how it actually happened:

"Lo- Oh, Ugghh. My HEAD....." I wanted to open my eyes, but judging from the warmth on my face and the red I could see through my eyelids, I figured that would be a bad idea. So, I kept them closed and instead listened to the voices around me. 

"Has she risen yet, Nickolas?" Some old guy, boss man maybe...

"Not yet, Chiron. She was mumbling to herself, though. I think she'll wake up soon."  Dunno who THAT is, but he sounds tired. He needs a nap and cookies. 

"Chiron? Nick? Is she awake?" Why does everybody wanna know if i'm awake? Oh wait, they might not even be talking about me... I should check...  

"Ya'lls are lo-u-d... " Pouting, I covered my face with my arm. "I'm trying to nap."

Silence. then someone whispered, "I think she's awake..." 

"Oh for duck sake." I sat up slowly, careful to keep my face covered. I wasn't ready to face the sun or lamp or whatever source of light that was. "Oooo look, I'm awake. Be in awe." 

"Sorry for waking you up, it's just you've been asleep for a while. Also, are your eyes okay?" Nick said. 

Oh...

"Yeah, um. My eyes are fine it's just the light. Gimme a sec." I gently lowered my arm and squinted. Next to my bed stood a Pony-man, a Goat-lady and someone who I assumed was Nick. I blinked slowly, allowing my eyes to adjust, which didn't take that long. It wasn't even that bright. 

I ignored the expectant looks I was getting from the Three Amigos in front of me, and inspected the room I was in. Actually, it was more of a large tent than room, but whatever. The walls were cream coloured and, again its a tent, light filtered through them.  The floor was covered in wooden planks with small bits of grass growing in the cracks. 

My bed was soft and was covered in clean white sheets. The night stand next to it held a lamp and a tray with a plate of gold brownies (no idea, don't ask). There was also an empty glass cup with ice and a little umbrella. I did a quick body scan for injuries and, thank Cheezus, didn't find any major ones. Just a paper cut from yesterday when I had helped Lola make paper dolls.

"Oh cranberry juice, Lola!" The memory of her crying rushed back to me. "Oh no, no, no, no, NO... Lola. Oh god..." I covered my face with my hands. I'd left her alone and defenceless, and she'd been taken or... I didn't even want to think of what might have happened to her.

So of course, my mind conjured up the most horrific images and thoughts It could.

 Lola's little body laying on the dirt, broken and bloodied. Her little dress ripped, her pig-tails matted, and tears still streaming from her big eyes... 

Oh Lola... "No, NO! She has to be alive! I've got to find her!"

 I turned towards Pony-Man. "I need to find my sister!"

He sighed, "Yes, dear, I understand you must be confused and worried. But you must sit and rest, you hit your head pretty badly when you passed out..."