Chapter 10- This is freaking awesome

~Blair POV~

"Uhm... I don't think archery is my thing, Nick." I said as I gently handed the bow back to him. The poor daughter of Apollo I'd nearly hit with an arrow was being led away by her brothers and sisters. "Sorry!" I called sheepishly. 

Nick set aside the bow, "Okay, so maybe that not your thing. And apparently neither is anything else. Sword fighting- You're okay at. Bow and arrow- definitely not. Spear- Nope. Dagger- No."

I groaned, "Gods, I must be the worst demigod ever... How the Hades am I supposed to kill monsters if I can't even fight?"

I'd been here for only a few days, yeah but I mean come on! If I was born to fight, why am I so bad at it? That stick i'd gotten has done nothing but poke me in the thigh whenever I sit down. The only promise I have shown so far is in make strawberries grow faster. And accidentally make an Ares kid cry. Pollux said It was just normal Dionysus kid stuff. You know: madness and plants. Even Nico tried to help. But we quickly realized that spending more than ten minutes together meant us arguing over who had better taste in music. (It was me, obviously.) 

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Blair. You'll get something." It was a comforting thought, but-

"OUCH! What the hell, Nick?!" I shouted, grabbing my arm where he'd pinched me.

Nick jumped back, eyes wide. "What?!"

"Why the fuck did you pinch me, you asshat!" I furiously rubbed my arm.

"I... Blair are you okay?"

"Obviously not! Jesus..."

Nick look worried. "Blair... I didn't pinch you."

I scoffed, "Oh well who the hell did?"

Me.

I blinked, cocking my head. I looked over my shoulder then quickly turned in a circle. "Who said that...?"

"Blai-" 

I shushed him.

I did.

Who the fuck are you?

The voice giggled. You know.

No, bitch, actually I don't.

Oh well. Tell Daddy we said Hi~

Bitch, tell me who you are before I find your ass and gut you.

Not very nice, Daughter of Dionysus. 

Dude, who are you?

We are The Maenads! Loyal to our Lord, your father. 

...What?

The voice sighed in annoyance. Perhaps we were wrong.... It hesitated. No, she carries the Thyrsus. Fear us not, Demigod. We mean you no harm.

What are you talking about?

We are here to help. Summon your Thyrsus, my Lady.

My what?

"Blair, are you okay?" Nicks voice was coming from somewhere far away. "Blair?"

I felt the twig in my pocket shiver slightly. I gasped, "No fucking way..." Ignoring Nick, I fished the stick out of my pocket. Resting in my palm, it was no longer than my middle finger. The small pine cone on top looked more like a pebble, and the vines it was wrapped in were thin as thread. 

Command it to extend, my Lady. It will listen. The voices grew eager, shivering with joy and excitement.

I held it gingerly, "Extend... please?" I whispered.

Nothing happened.

Did you just ask it please? You must command it! This is no toy, my Lady. Your will must be stronger than its or it will consume you. 

"Extend." I ordered forcefully. Immediately, the twig expanded into a staff. The pine cone on top sharpened, and in its center a celestial bronze dagger protruded. A perfect handhold formed in the middle, vines snaking around it till it rested comfortably. At the bottom of the staff was a celestial bronze pommel.  

I laughed, "Holy Hades! This is so freaking awesome!" I spun the staff easily. "Sweet."

Well done. You are now tied to this weapon. Unlike the swords of your brother, or the bow of your friend this weapon will try to take over your mind. The Thyrsus is a weapon of madness, it feeds of your energy. Don't let it control you. Good luck, My Lady! Don't forget to tell our Lord about us!

Ans then they were gone. I poked my head, "Hello? No? Okay..."

"Blair, what just happened?" Nick asked, eyeing my new staff.

"I dunno, man but this shit is freaking awesome!!" 

A/N: Heyo! Thank everyone so much for 200+ reads! I love you all and if I could I would give you all hugs and food. But I can't so I'll just stick to updating this story more. I know I haven't been on much and I apologize, but here is a lil chappie to help y'all along! Again, gracias! And I L-word you guys!