Chapter 11: Come back to m-... Us

~Blair POV~

"And then I was all like 'EXTEND!' And it freaking listened, man! Now I got this sicknasty staff! And bro you had to have been there!!" I gushed, pacing around the Dionysus cabin while Pollux sat on the floor leaning against my bed.

He held up a hand, "Wait, wait, wait. So the voices-"

"The maenad." I interrupted.

He glared at me, "The maenad, 'scuse me. So they said they were followers of Dad?"

"Yup!" I chirped, ecstatic that I finally found a super sweet weapon that I've never heard of and must be super rare or some shit. Pollux picked at the vine handle on my Thersus. He sighed, "I dunno, Blair. This could be dangerous we should go tell Dad."

"But he gave it to me! He should know, isn't he a god!" I argued, snatching back my staff. It immediately shrunk and I slipped in into my pocket. Pollux could be such a baby sometimes. I know he was super overprotective (his brother Castor did die, poor guy), but did he have to act like I was going to explode every five minutes?  

Pollux eyed my pocket nervously, but held up his hands in defeat. "Fine, keep it. But promise me you'll at least think about the problems this thing could bring? Please? For me?"

His blue eyes looked sad. I felt my anger dissipate. "Yeah... Yeah okay, big guy." I took a deep breath. "You get to bed, man. I'm going for a walk."

He nodded, "Be careful."

================================================================================

I was sitting on the roof of the big house, the thick wall of vines climbing the wall with huge grapes growing on it was the only sign of my ascent. As I sat, I could almost feel the strength of the Thersus' will pushing against my own. What would happen if it took over...?

I rubbed the back of my neck, suddenly cold. 

The chilly wind pressed against me as I rested my head on my knees. "Oh, Lola... What am I going to do? I've lost you, got a sociopathic staff, and my actual Dad is some god of crazy people and drunks. Everything is so screwed up and I...." I took a shaky breath, "I-I'm scared, Lola." For the first time since I lost my beloved sister, I cried.

All my pent up emotions that I had shoved way down deep inside flooded through me all at once. And I cried. After what felt like hours, I finally stopped. I let out one last pathetic sniffle and rubbed my eyes.

"Uhh, if it's okay with you." I whipped around, unconsciously curling my hand around my Thersus. "I'm going to pretend I just got here."

I rolled my eyes and tuned back around. "What do you want, Angel boy."

Nico sat down next to me with a sigh and rolled his shoulders. "Nothing, you're in my spot."

I stiffened, "Wait, I am? What?"

He laughed, tilting back his head and looking at me. "Don't worry, I messing with you. You're fine." 

"You ass!" I huffed. Nico smiled, but stayed silent. 

".... Uhm so, I'll go then..." I stood and dusted myself off. Nico looked up at me, "Okay bye."

I frowned, crossing my arms. "Wait, you're just gonna let me leave?

He cocked his head, "Yeah... Isn't that what you want?"

I scoffed, "Well, yeah but you could have at least tried to comfort me. You're a shit friend." I blinked. "Wait, I didn't-"

He sat up and grinned, "I'm your friend, now? When did that happen?" I scowled and walked away, "Never! You're not my friend. You're annoying!" 

He stood and walked after me. "Fine. I wouldn't want to be your friend anyways."