Chapter 16: Border jumping is my favourite past time

~Blair pov~

"Portugal.... We're in Portugal." I said, slowly.

Monroe shrugged.  "That's what Cadu said."

"Cadu?" Nico asked, looking the tall Portuguese boy over.

"It's short for Carlos Eduardo. That's his full name." Monroe answered sheepishly.

Cadu held out a hand towards me, "Pleasure."

I grinned and high fived his hand, "Yo, whats cookin' good lookin'?"

Nico shook his hand formally, "The pleasures all ours."

I looked between them. Cadu was taller than Nico, with dark tanned skin, chocolate coloured eyes and highlighted brown hair. Hmm, sexy. I thought. I snapped my fingers, drawing their attention. "Okay, but where in Portugal are we? Are we close the Spain's border? Cause we still gotta make like hobos."

"Actually, you are very close to the border to Spain. We are in Castelo Branco. Very close. We could drive you to the border, yeah? But you gotta cross on your own."

Monroe began saying no thanks when I interrupted, "SOUNDS GOUDA CHEESE! Les go!"

Cadu chuckled, "Alright, come on. We were on our way out there anyways."

I began following him when Nico pulled me back, "Uh, let me just consult with my associate quickly then we can go on our way." He led me out of earshot, "What the Hades are you doing? We can't travel with mortals, what if we are attacked again?"

"Look, dickweed, these guys are teenagers traveling in a minivan with four girls, in the fucking heat, out to the fucking border. That clearly means they are doing something they think is fucking hilariously dangerous. They are probs adrenaline junkies, you did see his sick-nasty tattoos right? And the freaking look in his eyes? Yeah, that much crazy hormones outta hide our sent for a little while."

Nico shook his head, "You're crazy you know that? You're gonna get us killed."

I flipped my short hair and nudged him with my elbow. "You worry too much, asshat." 

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever. I'm trusting you on this one okay?"

=================================================

"I hate you..." Nico hissed.

Twas a regular van, not a minivan. And Nico, Monroe and I were sat in the back with the two other girls, Cadu and two other guys. The radio was on full volume blasting Portuguese music. Cadu and his friends sang along to the apparently famous pop song, and I swear Cadu was hitting on me...

"Eu já não te espero,  Procuro, Já não paro para pensar, Já não te quero, E Juro que é tarde demais para mudar, Eu sei que demorou mas já consigo ver, Não há nada mais a fazer!!!!"

"This is not my fault." I growled back.

About five minutes in, they started punching the roof.

Iacchus squirmed in my pocket, probably awoken by the atomic bomb of music that just set of in the van. I gently stroked his back, trying to lull him back to sleep.

Nico seemed salty the entire trip, and things only got worse as night fell. Our new friends fell asleep one by one, tired out after all the screaming. And soon, it was just us and Cadu awake. And the guy driving, but he was humming to himself happily.

"So, adorável . Where are you from?" Cadu purred, tilting his head at me. 

"New York! The gucciest of places, and home of the best pizza and hot dogs in the world." I puffed of my chest proudly.