Chapter 18: Buongiorno principessa

~Blair POV~

"I... I don't get it. How can you be so salty, but these people are so nice?"

Nico scowled at me. "Don't be a smartass, Purple."

"Wouldn't dream of it, Hot Topic."

Monroe jostled me from my perch on her back. "Stop trying to hit Nico, Blair. If you keep moving like that I might drop you."

I tightened my legs grip around her, "Sorry, Mom. But he started it."

Nico punched my arm, "Did not!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID N-"

He was interrupted by Monroe releasing my legs and dropping me like a sack of potatoes. #ROOD. "OI! THE FRACKLE MONTY!"

She rolled her eyes and walked over to an old woman sweeping in front of her home map in hand to ask for directions. I glared at her back and huffed, checking Iacchus' position in my pocket. "You good lil dude?" He blinked sleepily up at me and opened his tiny jaws in a wide yawn. I grinned, "Nice. Sleep tight bud."

Nico held out a hand and I took it without hesitation as he pulled me to my feet. "You're filthy now, Purple."

I flipped my hair and scoffed, "Don't try me, Green Day. I'll bite."

"Guys! She knows the way into town. She said her sons are going in their truck soon. They'll give us a ride."

I threw up my arms, "HALLELUJAH! Les go my dudes!" I led the way to the bright red pick up truck parked in front of the old woman's house. I shook her hand eagerly, "Thanks a lot, friend! I was scared we would have.... uh we would... Does she speak English?"

The old woman was staring at me blankly as I tried to thank her. In my confusion Nico stepped forwards with a strangely sweet smile and said, "Grazie per la vostra ospitalità, signora." In response, she grinned and began speaking rapid fire Italian at Nico, who smiled and nodded.

I stared dumbfounded at him. No, no, no,no,no,NO. How the freak can he be so friggin hot and adorable? I'm going to punch myself.

Instead of punching myself, I punched Nico. You know, like a good tsundere. "Nice one, Google Translate. Now come on, I gotta hit the snack bar down town, home slice."

He rolled his eyes, thanking the woman again, and followed Monroe to where she was climbing in the back bed of the pick up. 

"Can I not have to sit next to this problem child?" Nico whined, pushing my arm where we were mushed together. 

I pinched him back, "Oh I'm the problem child? Suck an egg, Emo Boy!"

"YOU'RE FUCKING EMO TOO, BITCH!"

"JERK!"

We spent the ride into town poking and nagging each other until Monroe groaned and wriggled between us shoving us apart and slapping away our hands as we turned our poking to her.

===========================================

I sighed, sliding down in my chair. "This is fucking delicious." Monroe giggled from where she sat on my left, "Glad you like them, Grape Juice."

Nico scowled, glaring at Monroe's laptop from where she was sat next to him. "Are you going to eat that, Gerard Way, or not?"

He raised an eyebrow at me, "You know I don't mind that one that much."

I shrugged, snatching his food and shoving it in my mouth. "Yeah, not my best insult. That was more of a compliment actually, consider yourself lucky."