Chapter 17: Awkward...

-Nico pov-

They were totally talking about me...

I glared at the back of Blair's head. I'd woken up a mile or so from Spain's border to see these lil shits standing over me, giggling. 

"SO! Who's ready for Spaaaaaaaain?! Like, I really wanna try their food because Cadu's snacks were delicious, and I hear Spanish food is like heaven. Also, I think every country we travel through we should try their food! Like, how much fun would that be?" Blair was pacing around the train car, Iacchus perched on her shoulder.

Monroe grinned, "I agree! That sounds like fun!" Blair stopped in front of her and gasped, "We could even get some souvenirs at those gift shops!!! We'll have to get Portugal's on our way back."

I rolled my eyes, "Guys! We are on a quest right now. We have to find your dad and her mom, and the other missing gods. Or did you already forget?" Seriously.. And when did these two become such good friends? Something must have happened last night while I was asleep. 

Blair stuck her tongue out at me. "Shut it, dipstick. I asked the Maenad if they could navigate the caves to help us find the gods, but their voices were muffled. Um, and Monroe sent an Iris message to camp and apparently, Dionysus has been replaced by those girl goddesses who like sing and dance and shit? You know... Uh the Graces. Or the Charities. Yeah."

"Really? Interesting." I stood and pulled my jacket on, walking over to the open door and peeking out. "Hmm, I wonder what will happen when we get to the border... "

"I dunno. But there is bound to be a border patrol. We're going to have to hop off before then and find our own way through the border. Unless you have a better idea. Or a cloak of invisibility? Does anyone know Harry Potter and where we can find him?!"

I scowled at Blair, "Do you ever stop talking?"

"Nope!" She grinned at me, tongue poking out.

"Well, I guess that means we're jumping off and crossing on our own?" Monroe said, peeking outside over Blair's shoulder.

I snapped my fingers, "Can Iacchus fly yet?"

Blair blinked, "Oh, Lol I forgot he could fly. He's just so lil." She giggled and pulled the little leopard out of her hood where he had hidden. "Do you think you can carry us over Spain, Iacchus?"

I can, Mistress. He purred, wings fluttering. 

I sighed, Thats one thing going right.

===========================================

~Blair POV~

"Okay! So, where we off to now, Dickweed?" I called over my shoulder. 

Nico was sat just behind me, map in hand, scowl on his face. "We should be flying over Italy pretty soon. Maybe a few hours? Who knows. We can restock our supplies if needed, because after that we are going straight to Georgia. Got it?"

"Yussir!" I did a little mock salute. Monroe was sitting in front of me, the light bending around her and making a foggy rainbow. 

I sighed and rested my forehead against her back, closing my eyes.

Traveling over Italy, huh? Why does that remind me of something... I scoured my brain for anything that would make Italy stand out so much to me. Then it hit me. Holy fuck, I am an idiot.

I smirked, "So, Dickweed... You're Italian... Tell us about that."

I felt Nico shift awkwardly behind me and Monroe perk up in front of me.