Memories

Akane's POV

"Heh heh. I told you... I could do it...." I started seeing spots and then I felt really heavy. I couldn't move and I can't see anything. The last thing I heard was my friends calling my name.

Don't worry you guys.... I'm.... fine....

I looked ahead to see a tall man with dark grey hair and red eyes

I looked ahead to see a tall man with dark grey hair and red eyes. He squat down to be around my height and looked me in the eye as he spoke, "Alright Akane, Violet's off with your mother until the end of the week which means it's just you and me."

"But wat m'bout youw missons?" I asked him and he pat my head with a grin.

"Don't have any right now. I'm taking a break so that I could spend this time with you." I hugged him with all my strength.

"I love you papa." He hugged me back for a while before returning my words. He moved me back and then asked me what we should do. In the end we went all over the village and spoke with everyone we happened to pass. We ate dinner and then I fell asleep laying across my father's chest.

That faded to black and I saw my father squatting in front of me again, holding out a necklace. "Akane, I want you to have this." He told me as he put it on my neck. I took a good look at it.

"Dis is gwandma's wight?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yup. It's yours now though. This will make sure that something like that doesn't happen again, alright? So make sure to take real good care of it okay?" He asked me and I nodded. "But... wat about ta blood?" I asked and he began teaching me a trick.

"If something starts to happen just say this ..." He told me a way to keep her blood lust under control even if only a little and a way to keep me calm when something happens and she ends up getting out of control or tries something fishy.

That soon faded to black and I began seeing a dango shop "Ooh, hey, hey pops, let's go get some dango. They're having a sale! Come on come o~n!" I begged him and he looked down at me.

"Well, we do love us some dango..." he thought on it, "oh well one small detour shouldn't do us any harm!"

"Yeah! Let's go fill our bellays!" We marched in and seemed to have lost track of the time. "We stayed too late again pops..." I told him as we watched the sun set on a great day.

"Yeah, I guess so.. Well, no worry, we'll just come back and try again tomorrow!" We laughed and I agreed as we went home, only to fall asleep.

That faded too. When I could see again I was looking at a cutting board. I chopped away at some potatoes and threw them into a simmering pot. "Papa, come here!"  I called him a while later as I turned off the stove.