Almost There

I can't remember the last time I went back to the hotel or even left these trees. I think it's been about a week. I've been trying day in and day out but I don't think it's been very much use so I can't stop until I've got them down. Until then I'll just have to suck it up and keep on going.

There's only a week left before the exams and I'm still so far behind. I lifted myself up and went  back to trying again.

Temari's POV

There's only a week left before the exams and still Akane is nowhere to be found. I just hope she's alright and that she'll be able to make her match... This girl gives me serious headache sometimes it's ridiculous.

At the moment, Kankuro and I are preparing thoroughly, he's testing out his tuned up Crow and I'm tending to my fan. Gaara however is holed up in his room doing who knows what.

Gaara's POV

It's really quiet, unbearably...quiet. I sat on my never used bed and looked at the window. Still no sign of her huh?

Akane's POV

"Gah!" I laid back on the grass and sighed deeply as I looked at the white clouds in the blue sky.

"This.... is... hopeless.." I breathed and looked around. As I went back to it I heard a rustling in the trees and got to my feet when I suddenly felt something coming for me. I grabbed hold of it and saw a kunai. "What the...?" I suddenly felt someone behind me and quickly turned around.

"Who're you?" I asked the guy with silver hair. "That's not important right now but it seems as though someone very powerful has taken a liking to you." He said as he adjusted his glasses.

"So what?" I asked taking my fighting stance. "I'll ask again. Who... are... you?" I repeated myself and he just smirked. He looks familiar for some reason. I wonder.... that's right. He was at the exams too but he gave up before the prelims.

"Spirited little one aren't ya. Anyways he would like to meet you and so I was instructed to come and test you first, ya see, he wants to know just how much value you might just have before coming in contact. You were surprisingly hard to find ya know. Even for me it was quite a challenge."

"Now... why would a powerful man want lil' ol' me...? Don't tell me.. he's a creep." I spoke with a sly grin "Sorry but I don't wanna fight so I won't. You can't make me do something I don't want to therefore you're only wasting you're time. If you don't mind please run along. I was in the middle of something."

"You should learn to mind your manners kid. Or you might just get hurt!" He charged at me, swinging his kunai. "Fight back!" he screamed as I dodged the blows. I felt the knife graze my cheek and quickly held my breath. I did two back flips, disarming him in the process. Still holding my breath I quickly wiped the blood running from the cut on my cheek off and flicked it off my hand.

"This is getting ridiculous." I said before locking eyes with him and watching him tense up.

His eyes widened and he fell to his knees choking. "How rude of you to try and harm a child. So, so, so very, very rude and you deserve to be punished." I said as I watched him struggle to breathe. I released a small breath "However..." and averted my gaze, "I'd  rather not sully my hands." He gasped and coughed rigorously; it took a moment before he could even rise to one knee.

"Please return to this 'powerful man' of yours and tell him to leave me alone. After spending this short amount of time with you I can already tell that I hate you both and want nothing to do with either of you." Ugh, I really don't like the word 'hate'.

He stood up and coughed more as he spoke, "We *cough* we will *cough cough* see each other again" and then he jumped off into the trees and away from me. 'How nice... she said sarcastically' I sighed before returning to my training.

It's almost time. I'm just one week away from keeping my promise. Once it's complete I will finally be able to move forward.