Let The Match Commence! Akane's Brutal Past!

Akane's POV

WAIT! WHAT TIME IS IT?! I looked at my clock to see I had 10 minutes to get there before my fight. But I'm at least thirty minutes away.... I groaned internally and looked at my surroundings. It's now or never. Who knows, I may even get lucky like those few other times. I did the hand signs and tried my teleportation jutsu. I ended up a few feet from where I was originally so I tried again and ended up back where I came from. Then I tried again and ended up in the canyon from before.

I tried fifteen other times and ended up in the market, a dock, a shop, the hotel etc. Everywhere but where I was supposed to be and I only had five more minutes! 'DAMN IT ALL!!!' I tried another 10 times and ended up on several roofs and in several homes. Talk. About. AWKWARD!!

Now I've got 2 minutes! I tried another 20 times and now I'm late! I'm 6 minutes late! I whimpered and tried once more. This time I couldn't feel a solid surface beneath my feet... "Huh?" and looked down to see I was falling from the sky.

"Waaa~aaah" I screamed as I continued falling.

'HOW IN THE HELL DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!' I internally screamed as I felt about tens of dozens of eyes on me. I made sure to brace for impact and when I hit the ground I tucked rolled, did a few flips before landing on my feet all just to make up for the fact that I was not only late but I literally dropped in. I heard an uproar of applause and heard several people calling my name saying:

"That was awesome!" Or something along the lines of that.

I chuckled nervously and tried playing it off as if that were intentional. But I mean hey, if you're gonna drop in unexpectedly, you should at least do it with style.

"I'm sorry. I'm so very very sorry. Was I too late? Am I disqualified? What happened? What'd I miss?" I frantically asked and he said it was fine, that the Hokage gave me extended time and I made it right before the bell. I let out a breath of relief and turned to my opponent. He called it and the match began.

"Long time no see, Akane" I heard a girl's voice through the blue hood of my opponent.

"What, again...?" I sighed. I looked at her in question and she pulled off the hood that was previously hiding her face.

"......I'm sorry... but... do I know you?" I asked with confusion clear in my voice as I looked over her hazel eyes and her long black hair.

"How cruel of you, Akane. You don't even remember your own sister?" She asked and I heard murmurs from above.

'Sister? Since when'd I have a sister?' I wondered, completely befuddled. She pulled off her cloak and it fell to the dirt.

"So you're saying that you don't remember me at all? You big sister, Violet? Is none of this ringing any bells?" She asked and I tried hard to remember but my head started hurting and esrd started ringing, worsening as she took several steps towards me.

"My... big sister.... Violet...?" A memory came flashing back and my head started pounding.

"That's right my little Aki and it's time I made due on my promise from all those years ago." Before I could think, my cheek hurt and I was on the ground.

"What...?" I muttered.

"You wretched girl." She grabbed me by my shirt, "I hate you more than anything else!" She said and I could feel my eyes bulge. She threw me across the arena but I managed to skid on my toes and stop midway.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you feel this way," I apologized while rubbing my stinging cheek.

She just scoffed at me "What the fuck do you take me for? Do you really think something like that will compensate for what you've done?!" she kicked me in the stomach and sent me flying backwards. I coughed and coughed.. and coughed and coughed