Chapter Two-One word: ESCAPE

Both teachers grabbed me.

"Stop!" I howled, a wolf trying to be tamed until my throat ached. Oh my days, what was going to happen to me? I'd probably be arrested or something. This was all so wrong! I was going to rot in jail for reading a book! What had happened to the world?

"You best stop whining, your fate was inevitable!" Mrs Coal coldly whispered into my ear.

"We all knew from the start that you would be a downright criminal. For goodness sake, you refuse the free beauty care from the school and don't take any of your lessons," shrieked Mrs Young.

"IF YOU ARE GOING TO DRAG ME TO WHEREVER YOU'RE TAKING ME YOU MIGHT AS WELL, SHUT UP!" I yelled, finally break into bot caring about the potential repercussions of my actions.

I knew that I was going to jail so there was nothing they could do to me anymore. I would show them all these emotions I had kept bottled up. They could no longer harm me, I was no longer afraid of their petty punishments. I was going to jail. There was nothing worse, in my eyes. "Do what you want with me, but none of your punishments will have any effect on me. They never have and they never will!"

"You should learn to hold your tongue, where you're going they will probably cut it off for your outrageous language."

Really, you call that outrageous, you really are oblivious to how good that sounds compared to all the things I could've said.

"Fine!"

I had to think of something. Imagine what would happen to my family if I went to jail. They would obviously search the house and when they found all those books I've been hiding- they would arrest them too. My family didn't deserve this; all these years they had stuck by me despite the fact I constantly embarrassed them.

I started screaming again, maybe if I made enough noise I would draw attention to myself. No, that wouldn't work I was the Number one hated person in the school. What do I do? Come on brain, think! I was running out of time. The doors were only centimetres away.

" I need to go to the bathroom," I shrieked abruptly. This was my last resort. Given the fact that both teachers were malicious and crude, I half- expected them to ignore me. Instead, they stopped, once again glaring at me.

"Ms Sparks, are you seriously expecting me to believe this nonsense," said Mrs Young. There was a quiver in her voice. Her lips began to twitch.

They probably cared more about me being sanitary than having the pleasure of dragging me to jail.

" I'm not kidding. But you can take that chance if you really want to. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if you took me to court and I just happened to wet myself there and then," a smirk crept onto my face. Judging by their facial expressions, they bought it.

They led me towards the hysterically ostentatious bathrooms. Their grasp on me was as tight as ever but I knew they would let me go in alone. They would never in a million years accompany anyone to the bathroom even a 'trouble maker' like me, they had too much self-respect.

I took my chance, slipped into the bathroom, quickly snapping the lock shut behind me. I only had a few minutes before they became suspicious. Glancing around the room, I noticed that above each cubicle there was a ventilation duct to make sure it wasn't hot and stuffy in here.

Wow everyone is very excessive nowadays.

Whilst I was climbing up on the toilet seat, I made sure that I turned on all the taps to drown out any noise I made. Then, I had an even better idea. It would be much better to go out with a BANG than discreetly leave through the ventilation duct since they were bound to chase after me wherever I went. I grabbed one of the lipsticks which were placed neatly next to each basin. On the pearl white wall, I scrawled 'ESCAPE' in bold letters.

This will definitely either anger people or make them wonder.

Fortunately for me, my teachers were so intent on taunting me they forgot to confiscate my bag. Above me, there was a small window, with no latch so I couldn't open it... but I could throw my bag against it. With enough force-

There were five sharp knocks on the door.

"What are you doing, don't you know how to use a bathroom?" sneered Mrs Coal.

I laughed to myself, despite knowing me practically all her life, she still underestimated my skills and abilities.

"Well, for one thing, I do know how to use a bathroom," I snapped, putting as much anger in my voice as I could."Two, I can't believe you were reckless enough to leave me on my own!"

Before they had a chance to react, I swiftly leapt back onto the toilet and threw my bag against the window. It shattered, the painful sound pierced the air...

Note to reader:

What do you want to happen next?
I know I have grown to love my character, and don't want her to get caught.

But...it depends on what would be more exciting, her getting caught or her going on the run.

Hmm... it's a tricky decision but only time will tell...

Lavender ❤