Chapter Seventeen- I don't need your pity

Rose's POV:

"So," I begin, walking over to the Queen, trying to act completely unphased by the fact that at least 20 guns are being pointed at me. "You poisoned me to force Xavier into doing what you want, you threaten one of my best friends into talking to me and you expect me to go quietly?" I scoff, she's not going to get me out of that door that easily.

"Oh, but I know you will come because no matter how much you deny it you're so obviously in love with Xavier... you wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him would you?" that twisted smile forever growing on her face.  I curl my hands into fists.

She doesn't know how I feel and she can't tell me how to feel.

"You don't know how I feel and besides you wouldn't do anything to hurt your own son," I snapped.

She laughs, "You're right I would never hurt him physically but he's already mentally broken. Every time I hurt you it kills a small part of him inside and you wouldn't want that would you, " her voice burns with resentment. "Love is weakness."

One of the guards presses a gun against my temple. The cool metal digging into my skin. One pull of the trigger and I'll be gone and then what? 

I had no choice but to follow.

-

As we walked down the marble floors I began to irritate the guard as much as possible, "You're pathetic," I hissed coldly into his ear. "You're pointing a gun at a 13-year-old girl for God sake."

"Shut up and walk," he growled back.

"What if I don't want to," I chimed trying to act as happy as possible just to wind him up.

"You'll have a bullet through your head if you don't," 

"Ah well you see that's where you're wrong," I smiled at his confused face.

"My gun is pressed against your head, I could pull the trigger and kill you even if you are a little girl!" 

Me a little girl? I don't think so, age is only a part of it,  what determines whether you are grown up or not is experience and I've sure as hell experienced a lot in a matter of thirteen years.

"You obviously haven't been paying attention to anything that's been going on," I deadpanned. "If you kill me, I don't think the Queen would be very happy seeing as she needs me or otherwise I'd already  have been dead,"

"I could still shoot you in the arm or the leg,  cause you some pain to teach you a lesson," His eyes filled with anger.

"And risk killing me in the process I don't think so," I sighed deeply before raising my hands, bruises still covering every inch of them. "You see I was in a torture chamber for God knows how long, I've had a poison injected into me that is slowly deteriorating every cell in my body. I've also had to run away from home, have been captured and held prisoner by the Queen, seen old friends been threatened and forever wondering who else I love will be dragged into this mess because of me, so yeah telling me you're going to shoot me doesn't phase me at all."

I've been through a lot of crap these past few days.

"You can't hurt me anymore because I'm feeling pain far worse right now," I whisper in that cold emotionless tone.

He goes silent not saying a word for the rest of the walk to wherever they're taking me. I glare into his eyes as I see a flicker of pity, it vanishes as quickly as it came but it was definitely there.

Huh, I don't need his pity, I've been through all that not him so him feeling sorry for me means nothing.

I'm shoved forward into a room, whilst the Queen walks in the other direction. Before the door slams shut I smile and say to the guard, "Nice meeting you," I wave. He looks at me as though I'm crazy, honestly, I think I am.