Chapter Eleven- Once a Prince always a Prince

As he slowly got up off the ground, he looked at me with an expression of utter disbelief, his mouth slightly ajar. I bent down to pick up the bandages I had untied and stuffed them into my bag. When I got up, I saw Xavier stumble and fall face flat on the ground. I know it sounds really mean but I couldn't help but burst into fits of laughter. Well, I guess he deserves it if anything. 

"Agh," he groaned looking up at me. There were bits of leaves stuck in his hair and head which made me laugh even harder. " Why are you laughing for, are you just going to stand there are you going to help me?"

Through laughs, I gasped," I'm just going to stand here, it's not every day you see a Prince trip over there own two feet because they are so surprised that you actually have compassion and let them go,"

" Alright then," he muttered. " See how you like this," he grabbed my hand pulling me towards the ground. I yelped before falling to the floor. Luckily, I didn't fall face flat like him but I now had leaves stuck in my hair too.

 I was still laughing as I yelled, " You are so dead!"

" I know!" he yelled back as he used his hands to push himself off the ground. He jumped up and sprinted off into the forest.

He wants to play like that now does he, well I'll show him.

I leapt off the ground and ran after him whilst screaming, "You could never beat me when we were younger what makes you think that you can beat me now?"

He looked back and smiled. " I know this forest better than you do," he shouted.

" I can still beat you," I said confidently with a smirk on my face as I picked up my pace. There was now only a meter between us. We bounded over fallen trees, brushing past tree branches. I drew closer and closer. He was within arms reach. I reach out with my hand, the tips of my fingers touching his shoulder. I thought I had him but he took a sharp right into a maze of trees.

"That's not fair!" I cried as I tried to run after him.

" Told you I know this forest better than you do," his voice echoed.

I really need to beat him. I can't let him win I'll never hear the last of it.

 I stop dead in my tracks, no longer running. 

I'm thinking as though I'm actually going to go back with him or stay with him, am I? Do I really trust him though? I must, I let him go after all.

I shake my head as though it would make the thoughts go away. Once I look up again I see that he's gone. Damn it, why do I always have to think too much. I began to walk not wanting to waste my energy, I'm going to need it when I sprint after him. If I ever find him. 

As I looked around through the twisted tangled trees, I suddenly saw the flash of a silhouette for a split second. That must be him. I dashed towards the clearing, " Xavier is that you?" I asked my voice ringing through the air.

No reply, just the sound of rustling leaves in the distance. Maybe I was imagining things, I haven't had any sleep at all for the past few days. No, I was sure I had seen something, tired or not that was what my mind was telling me.

Something grabbed a handful of my hair. Pulling me backwards. I winced in pain, that's the second time that's happened to me now.

" What have you done with the Prince?" boomed a voice.  I felt something cool be pressed against my neck. I looked down to see a long curved knife against my throat. It pierced my skin, a single trail of blood trickled down it, staining my skin bright red. I cursed under my breath. "Try anything and I'll slit your throat through right open," he growled. " You're coming with me,"