Chapter Fourteen- There's no way out

Xavier's P.O.V

"I can't," I can feel the tears pleading to be set free again but I can't cry now not anymore, not ever. I can hear the buzz of the light but I know there must be a camera and several monitoring devices.

"It's suicide!" I cry out. How can she not understand that?
She shakes her head, "It's not suicide,  if you're doing it for the people you love,"

"I guess I don't fit into the category of 'Love'," I turn away and let the tears come out because I can never keep my word.

Why would she ever love me though, all I've ever done is cause her pain. Just like the pain, I feel now.

Every time she speaks in that soft whisper, I can feel my heart slowly being torn, but not broken because it's been broken too many times before.

"What are you talking about? If I die you'll be free," I face her again avoiding eye contact.

"Free? I won't be free don't you see my parents are manipulators exploiters, either way, I'm under their control!"

I point into the darkness now looking up shouting as loud as I can so they can all hear from those cameras,  " Can you hear me? Well, let me congratulate you on your victory," the sarcasm burning in my voice, " The perfect trap. If I don't do what you want, you'll kill her and you know I'll never be able to do that but you knew that she would want me to let her die," I stare back at her seeing her wide eyes filled with horror and realisation.

I know she knows. When you have spent enough time with a person you feel what they feel.

So I finally mumble it into the darkness of everything, " What happens when someone you love dies?" My voice cracks at the word 'love'. It's just one single word but it can change your life for ever.

Silence

Note to reader:

Reader: why such a short chapter?

Me: the next chapter is going to be longer probably four times as long and I just wanted you as a reader to think about those last couple of lines of the chapter.

Everything is relevant be it a single word or a single moment in your life, so live your life how you want to. Don't be forced into thinking that your not normal because you don't do what other people do. Individuality makes us who we are.

No one should decide what 'normal' is. In my eyes there is no such thing as being normal because everyone is different- don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Some things happened recently and I'm sorry about the rant but that's my aim for this book to show people what true beauty is.

To be honest at first I was going to make Xavier evil because for a while this what Rose thought about him but now I've written from his perspective it is  way more complicated than that.

Don't look at the world in black and white look at the true beauty of everything around you.

Lavender❤