Chapter Six- Mind Games

Eleanor

Enraged didn't even begin to describe the man before me. I had definitely gone a step too far. He stalks closer to me, eyes wild with fury and darker than anything I had ever seen before. A muscle feathered in his cheek as his jaw tensed and I could feel myself walking backwards until I hit the cool surface of the wall.

My eyes locked with Kayden's for a moment I didn't know why there was nothing he could do to tame his father's rage. That moment of distraction was all it took for his father to close the distance between us.

In one fluid movement, the predator before me grasped the bare skin on my neck. His finger's clenched against my throat. I could feel my lungs constricting in their caverns as I reached up to try and pry his fingers from my neck. He was so close that I could feel his hot breath against my skin when he roared, "Who do you think you are, girl? You think you can take me on and handle my wrath you wouldn't even last a day,"

A calloused laugh tore through the air as I continued to try and loosen his vice-like grip to no avail.

My back was pressed against the wall. An overwhelming sense of fear filled me. I felt my lungs burn for air. I continued to sputter and heave for any morsel of oxygen but nothing worked. I slammed my eyes shut unable to bare looking at the malevolence in the piercing blue eyes of my tormentor. Hot tears burst from the seems of my eyelids as I thought of Kai. I had to fight this I couldn't go like this not when I still had so many people still dependent on me.

"Father!" Kayden's voice screeched piercing through my thoughts I could hear pounding footsteps, "Father you could kill her," his voice was filled with an unknown rage that could've matched his father's

I opened my eyes to see Kayden taut figure glaring at his father. His father merely laughed maliciously at his attempt to stand up for me. All the while I could feel the breath draining from my body. I didn't think I could hold out much longer.

"So what?" his eyes were menacingly trained on his son. Challenging him.

"So what? If you kill her then how is she supposed to help us-" Kayden tried to reason but was cut off.

"What's so special about her? She's just a girl that's easily replaceable."

Kayden searched for something to say but a defeated sigh left his lips as he looked at me. Really looked at my tear glazed eyes absolutely helpless and at the mercy of his monster of a father.

He struggled to find the words, "I-I..."

It finally dawned on his father as another callous laugh rumbled from his chest I could feel the vibrations and winced. Still clawing at the grip on my throat, "Don't tell me you already have a crush on this girl. You've just met her," Even so his grip slightly loosened so I could gasp for breath. My heart hammered erratically in my chest.

"No," Kayden denied quickly, "Why go through the trouble of finding another girl you've made your message clear are you going to waste time on someone else? She'll do it she'll help you and I don't think you'll find another girl more perfect for our cause. Like I said father she will remind the people of Rose she will reignite that spark and if she's on ourside they will listen."

He seemed to think for a moment before releasing me so I crumbled to the floor. A heaving mess trying to get as much oxygen back into my body. My black hair fell before my eyes obscuring my vision as I felt something rise in the back of my throat. I heaved and a splattering of blood decorated the floor. The acrid coppery taste poisoned my mouth.

"You better be right," he added in a cold voice that sent chills sparking down my spine, "For her own good,"

Then he disappeared flurry of black just like my vision.