Chapter Twenty- What do we do now?

Xavier

"Xavier," someone called. Tugging on my arm. I glared upwards to meet the King's piercing gaze. "We have to leave now the castle has been infiltrated if they find us they will kill us! Leave the girl,"

"Let them," I growled lowly. Still clasping Roses soft warm hand in mine. If they think I'll ever leave her they're wrong.

"Just leave the stubborn boy," the Queen snapped furious about her mistake. "He'll come running back to us when the people come to take him away,"

I will never go back to them. I'll make sure of that. I didn't even look up when I heard their retreating footsteps followed by all the guards. Leaving me their wondering what to do. I needed to wake Rose some how and I didn't know how.

Then I heard running echoing through the halls. I looked up tearing my eyes away from Rose, electing to see a wave of people rushing towards me, fuelled by their knew found anger towards the King and Queen; cursing themselves for not realising how corrupt society had become. Now knowing that they weren't in control of their own lives. I doubted any of them cared about the fact that the Queen had been behind the book ban. They just wanted to get them for taking away they're freedom.

I shook my head this is all a mess. That's when I heard them coming closer I lifted Rose up into my arms and was ready to face the crowd.

Instead of a mob of people,there was only two people running towards me shouting my name.

Then I realised it was Kai and Eleanor.

"What the he'll was that," Eleanor shrieked as she came closer tugging on Kian's hand. "What did they do to her?"

I didn't answer, I don't know why but I couldn't bring myself to tell her exactly what they put in her.

"Xavier, what did they do to my best friend," I looked deep into her emerald eyes filled with worry and sparkling with tears.

"Th-they,put a chemical in her," I began exhaling deeply, "that puts her in a coma but its even worse because she's having to relive all her worst memeories and memories she tried to forget," I stammered.

She gasped in shock looking at a lifeless Rose in my arms.

"What are we going to do?" she shouted. "How is she going to survive? She still has that poison in her it's still individually killing off each cell whether she's in the coma or not,"

Oh my god, I hadn't thought about that.

"We don't have the antidote,Xavier. The Queens does and don't you get it she needs the antidote to be given to her every single day for four months! Four months! Where are we going to get that much antidote from?"

I couldn't process this, we need that antidote or Rose dies. I don't know what I'll do if she dies I can't even come to imagine a world without her, its impossible for me.

Kai looked even more horrified than me but still remained quite with silent tears rolling down his cheeks.

"But she's going to be okay isn't she," he whispered to Eleanor still clinging to her arm.

Eleanor stared worry etched across her features.

"Yes," I said firmly. "She's going to be okay,"

I said it with confidence but deep down I was doubting myself more than ever.  Will she really be okay?

She had to be, but the only way I can save her is I get the antidote the only problem is the Queen's  the only one who knows where it is.

Note to reader:

Sorry for the really short chapter and for not updating in a while. That's why this chapter is so short, I wanted to give you something while I work on developing the plot and my characters in the next chapters.

What do you think about the new cover?

Anyway, Eid Mubarak to any Muslims reading this book.

Have a lovely day and week.

Lavender❤