Chapter Four- Runaway

I ran and ran until my lungs ached for air. My wounded leg could take it no longer. The crowd had not followed.

Maybe they think I'm still in the house...Probably not.

I slumped to the ground, using a Willow Tree as cover. Slowly, I pulled out a first aid kit and bottle of water out of my bag.

The bleeding had not stopped. If Mrs Coal and Young were smart enough they probably could have followed my trail of blood, I doubted they would.

As I poured water all over the large gash in my leg, a pool of blood formed beneath my feet. I tried not to panic at the sight of so much blood and wrapped a bandage tightly around my cut. As I was doing this, I glanced into my bag to see whether I had everything

In one section of the bag were some packets of dried fruit, crisps, water and obviously cash. I gasped in relief at the thought of remembering to bring money, without that I wouldn't even last a day...welcome to reality.

Anyway, there were also four large books (I had to save at least four) including my journal.

I stood up, clutching my journal in my hand. You're probably wondering how does she have a journal when there was a book ban? Well, the answer is simple, I found it with all the other books underneath my bedroom floor.

I quickly stuffed everything back into my bag conscious of how much time I had wasted. I walked down a small cobbled path and began to make sense of the mess I had got myself into.

I, a 13-year-old, had tricked two of my so-called teachers, smashed and jumped through a window and ran what seemed like a marathon with an injured leg.

In how long, I glanced down at my watch, in a matter of two hours.

The only thing that bothered me was the fact that no one had followed. Yes, there was the fact that I was covered in dirt and no one would want to drag me to the Pristine Court but they could've still followed me.

The Pristine Court is as you would expect it to be a court where people were sentenced-not to death but- to prison and believe me the things that happen in jail are more heartbreaking. I shivered at the thought.

It was somewhere I never wanted to go or even think about.

Note to reader:

Hmm... You may be wondering what goes on in jail. Don't worry all will be revealed soon enough, I think.

Well, that's the plan anyway. Oh, I just realised I still haven't revealed the protagonist's first name you know her surname but not her first. Mysterious...

Sorry, this chapter's really short if it was any longer I would've given too much away.

Hope you have a nice day!

Lavender💕