Chapter One- Save me

Xavier

She should be dead.

That's the only thought I hear day after day. The only thing that seems to matter anymore, that she should be dead but is still alive. The spark within her has not been extinguished but part of me wonders whether that is enough. That she is still fighting but has left me broken and alone. Unable to bare the fact that I will never be able to see her soft smile, the determination that sparkles in her honey coloured eyes or that I will never hear her voice again. I would do anything to hear that voice even if it's her telling me how much she hates me because right now I hate me too.

Her face is illuminated in the flickering light and it looks like she's sleeping, that any minute she will wake up and everything will be fine. Nothing will ever be fine though, not in this world. She sparked a change but people's values have been manipulated. Their lust to kill the monarchy has driven them to madness, riots flood the streets different clans have been created as the government tries to hold onto the small amount of power they still have left.

I grasp her hand, running my thumb softly over her wrist. The soft faint beat of her pulse the only reassurance that she is still alive. My eyes drift to the tube that is burried beneath her skin and watch as the liquid drips into her veins the machines that are keeping her alive.

A breath of frustration leaves me as I stare at her wondering whether she will be able to hear the words I'm about say.

"I don't know what to do Rose." I whisper my voice barely a croak as I fight to keep back the tears. "I've never known what to do. I mess everything up just like I messed up this world. Just like I messed up our friendship. I let them manipulate me not even thinking about the consesequences. The only thing I could think about was what they would do to you if I didn't comply to their demands. I was so stupid to think that I could save you. I didn't stop to think how much I was hurting you, pushing you away. It's all my fault."

I feel my heart beating faster each beat reminding me that I'm still alive whilst she is on the brink of death. The guilt searing through my mind as I remember the fearless look in her eyes when the needle plunged into her skin.

My mind relaying all the events that have passed. Questioning each and every moment wondering if I would have been able to save her but then again she never needed saving.

I was the one that needed to be saved.

Note to reader:

Hi.

So a lot has been going on that's why I haven't been updating anything. I'm hoping to update soon but right now I can't make any promises.

So until then I'll leave you with the first chapter of the second part of this little series.

I'm not sure how many of you even remember this book but I'm really proud of it because it is the first piece I wrote and now after quite a while I'm continuing the series.

So I hope you all have a great rest of your summer and day.

Lavender❤