Chapter Eighteen-Never be afraid of the inevitable

Rose's POV:

Just staring out into the world below me makes my stomach twist. Will they listen if I tell them to question? Is it inevitable that this will all fail? I mean who would listen to a 13-year-old girl. If people did what you told them, then this rebellion would have already happened. There are always people who are different, people who actually think before they blindly follow the crowd but people never listen to them, they are just called crazy, made outcasts until eventually they are forced to follow the crowd just to be accepted and not be hated.

Hate is an awful thing, it grows inside a person or people until they are absolutely consumed by it that they don't even think about the other person the person they hate because of a reason they have long forgotten. 

I know because I hated Xavier that much, but I didn't ever forget the reason because everything around me just reminded me of it.

They say you can be blinded by love but you can also be blinded by hatred.

The door swings open but I don't turn around."Whoever you are can you please go away I'm trying to think," I say as calmly as possible.

"Do you really want me to?" Chimes an oh so familiar voice.

I whip around, "Xavier?" I ask more than say.

"Yep," he says popping the 'p'. He walks in flanked by two guards.

" I guess the Queen wanted me to see you giving this speech, make it hurt more," I mumbled avoiding his eyes.

"Yeah, look what we've gotten ourselves into," he leans against the glass beside me to look down at the people with me," This is all my fault isn't it," he whispers, I see the reflection of his melancholic eyes in the glass.

I don't say anything because part of me tells me it is and the other says that he's been forced into this too.

"You should stay away from that criminal you know your Highness," one of the guards sneers at me in absolute disgust.

I walk over to that particular guard and stand only inches away from him staring into his dark eyes, "I'm the criminal here?" I laugh mockingly making his jaw clench. 

"Rose just leave it," Xavier hisses. "They've just been fed lies about you like everyone else."

"No, Xavier," I snap loudly.

"That's your Highness to you," the guard grabs my arm and twists it but I don't even flinch.

"Yeah and you're  the one calling me criminal when you  just twisted my arm!"

The guard lets go of me to raise the gun, "You better watch your mouth, you criminal," he shouts.

"Enough!" Xavier yells in a voice I have never heard before. "Lower the gun now,"

The guard does as he is told still glaring at me.

"Leave," Xavier commands.

"Sir we were given specific orders to keep an eye on the girl."

"I said leave, it's not like we can go anywhere stuck in this box."

They left without another word said.

"Rose what the hell is wrong with you? Winding the guards up is just going to make things worse,"

"Worse?" I give a bitter laugh, "Worse, look around you Xavier how could anything possibly get any worse?"

"It's going to, they've developed new chemicals even more dangerous than before and I don't know what to do," he begins to pace back and forth running his hand through his brown hair. "I have to do it and if anything goes wrong she said she wouldn't give you the antidote for a day. Do you know what will happen if she does that? It won't kill you but it will cause you so much pain, a pain she said I would have to watch you go through; a pain I would have caused you."