Chapter Ten- Sleep Paralysis

Xavier

Sleep welled at the corners of my eyes but I could not allow myself to sleep two friends were in danger and I could not reach either of them. One so far away yet I knew they could handle themselves perfectly fine without me. That they were smarter assimilating enough to pass unnoticed but not fully to lose her identity.

And the other so self-assured in her beloved that she had changed him so often so much. Challenged his complicit nature. Changed him.

Months had past and birthdays were forgotten he doubted his age but knew late teens or mid was the range but did age ever matter in moments like this.

There would be millions staring at ceilings some even unable to sleep with the screams of riots. There was so much violence. This was his kingdom and he could do nothing. He would do anything to stop it all but he would not give her up.

She was the world to him and as hyperbolic as that sounds he had proven that he would do anything for her. Relinquish his title to the throne. Give up his world, just so that she could breathe.

Sometimes, he would hate himself for being so co-dependent on her. She was the cocoon to his butterfly, to his writhing maggot to everything wrong and right with him.

Suddenly there was a crash, Xavier rumbled out of his bed and reached for the sword lying next to the table he didn't have any other weapon it was a ceremonial sword of a crumbled Knight he had stolen. Stolen because they never served him only his mother. 

"Ah, I found you."

The colour drained from his face.

"No."