Chapter 5

"Quality establishment you're running here!" Kathryn hears the familiar sarcasm she has grown to love.

"Stiles?" Kathryn walked into the garage to see her car had been fixed up pretty well, more than likely fixed with hundreds of parts she didn't need. She found her carher with a busted engine last night, like someone has deliberately fucked her car up. And her car was her pride so naturally she wasn't happy about it.

Kathryn laid her hand on a door handle feeling goo on her hand.

Disgusting

She opened the door as fast as possible, slamming it behind her to see Stiles standing there, on his phone.

"Hey" She grinned. Stiles didn't even look up, instead he dropped his phone as he felt his arms numb.

"You okay?" Kathryn stepped forward but Stiles just looked alert out the window. Kathryn looked out too to see...a lizard.

Kathryn fell back, gasping. What the hell was in front of her? Her heart raced and her eyes widened.

"Hey!" Stiles yelled to the mechanic, but he was oblivious.

Kathryn couldn't move or speak and could barely breathe. Some sort of creature was sitting in front of her.

Stiles collapsed to the ground, un able to move. Kathryn practically fell to her knees to catch him.

"What's happening?! What's going on?" She started to freak out. She knew what was happening, she was having a panic attack.

"Get down, just get down and stay down" Stiles whispered. She hesitantly lay down beside him, holdng on to his hand for support.

"What is that thing?" She asked as they looked through the window to see the mechanic lying on the ground.

"I'm not sure" Stiles said.

"Help me"

The words resonated in Kathryn's ears as she stood up, Stiles looking at her as if she were crazy. She wanted to help him.

"Kathryn...Kathryn what are you doing?" Stiles watched Kathryn's hands, covered in goo, open the door. He wondered why she hadnt collapsed like he had but focused on wanting her alive. He didn't know what he'd do if she died.

Kathryn ran to the jeep, trying to find a way to stop it crushing the mechanic's skull but the creature saw her and crept forward. She noticed and froze. It went to slash her throat with it's claws but froze as if it were debating whether to kill her or not and chose against it, lowering it's hand and looking to her with sorrowful eyes and running off. And before Kathryn could stop anything the jeep came down.

The mechanic had been crushed.

-----

Stiles explained. Everything. About Scott, about her cousin Allison, about the mysterious guy that cut her in the corridor. And she hadn't taken it well.

"Kathryn don't freak out..." Stiles reached forward to take her hand and comfort her. She flinhced, stepping back as tears spilled down her cheeks. Werewolves? How could that be possible? Did Lydia know? Jackson? Is that why he told her to stay in on the full moon? Was he one?

"Don't touch me" She hissed as she stepped back. Stiles' face softened.

"Don't even talk to me" She stepped back again, ready to run off and as soon as he went to step forward again that's what she did, she sobbed and she sobbed and she ran.

-----

Lacrosse games always intrigued Kathryn, but for some reason she sat it out this time, sitting in her car crying.

How could Stiles lie to her like that?

And Jackson?

Even her own flesh and blood, Allison?

"Kathryn" Stiles ran up to the window, looking pretty flushed. Kathryn jumped, hiccuping a little. Stiles didn't want to scare her, he had never seen her so vulnerable before.

"Go away, Stiles" She warned. He shook his head stubbornly.

"I mean it, I don't want to know anything else, I don't want to know how everyone has been lying to me and decieving me and 'protecting me' which isn't really working because look at me now" Kathryn wiped her eyes, still sobbing but much more gentle.

"We didn't mean to hurt you" Stiles said but Kathryn turned and replied without thinking.

"You hurt me, Stiles"

Stiles was taken aback. He was happy he mattered to her but angry at himself for hurting her.

"I-i'm sorry" Stiles whispered. He was disappointed in himself, the 10 year plan he had devised to get Kathryn to fall in love with him had been completely ruined by him hurting her. The whistle on the Lacrosse team sounded and Stiles looked to the school urgently.

"I- I need to go. Something is happening" Stiles stuttered.

Kathryn considered staying her and pitying herself a little more but decided to buck up and protect her friends and help them.

"Let's go then" Kathryn opened her car door. Stiles hesitated to let her follow but eventually he sighed and ran off, her following closely behind.

Stiles ran into the principal's office as Kathryn kept watch at the door.

"What are you looking for?" Kathryn turned to look at Stiles as he texted Allison.

"A book" He answered. They both looked back to the door, jumping back when they saw Erica standing there.

"Hello Stiles. Kathryn" Erica smirked sickly.

"Kathryn come here" Stiles commanded. Kathryn didn't even think about it but walked over to Stiles, gripping his hand as he held her behind him.

"Kathryn can stay, we just need to talk"

---

Kathryn didn't quite like being left alone in the dark school and she swore she could hear water splashing but she focused on how freaking terrified she was. And she did that for an hour.

A hissing sound came from behind her, making her whip around to see the thing, from the garage. It stalked towards her, she stepped back slowly and then began running, she raced through the building as the creature followed and eventually ended up in the swimming pool.

Seeing the guy who cut her and Stiles in the pool. I'm

"Kathryn! Kathryn get in" Stiles called out, Kathryn stopped. She couldn't swim. She looked back to the creature in front of her and smiled a little. It seemed familiar.

"Kathryn!" The mysterious man shouted.

"I can't swim" She confessed. Stiles scoffed and the mysterious man rolled his eyes.

"You're going to have to learn" The man said, earning a glare from Kathryn.

Kathryn looked to the reptile creature and smirked knowingly.

"What? What is it?" Stiles called out to Kathryn who raised her hand to the creature and stroked it's cheek.

"It's not going to hurt me"

After that everything went extremely fast for Kathryn, she was pushed aside into the water as someone jumped in front of her, letting out a roar that the water covered slightly. She writhed around a lot, coughing and heaving but doing nothing but draw in more water.

"KATHRYN!" The scream was loud enough to break the sound barrier in the water as Stiles dove in and pulled Kathryn's drenched body from the water, cradling her as Derek helped lay her on the ground.

"I DON'T KNOW CPR!" Stiles fretted, he didn't like the idea of Derek's lips on Kathryns but it was necessary as he performed mouth to mouth until she sat up, coughing water as her lungs burned.

"Scott you're so dead"