Chapter 18

"I don't see anything" Derek shook his head, folding his arms and looking to Kathryn who was beyond bored. Allison and Lydia had shown the pack their matching bruises, Scott believed them and so did Stiles. Kathryn was a bit skeptical but there was no denying it was something.

"Look again" Scott said.

"How is a bruise, gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek asked, obviously not liking the two girls in front of him, although he liked the girl, leaning on a desk and texting a little too much.

"It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same!" Scott protested. Kathryn stopped texting Jackson for a minute, putting her phone in her pocket and glaring at the scene in front of her.

"It's nothing" Derek deadpanned.

"Pareidolia, seeing patterns that aren't there" Kathryn chimed in, her boyfriend and Derek turning to face her. They both knew how smart she was but it still amazed them.

"It's a subset of apophenia" Kathryn said, looking around the room.

"They're trying to help" Scott chimed in.

"These two?" Derek questioned. Kathryn didn't really like her friends being talked to so rudely.

"This one who used me to ressurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you. And this one who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack" Derek argued.

"That's not fair!" Kathryn raised her voice at Derek, his stern expression falling a little.

"Okay, come on, no one died" Stiles walked over to his girlfriend, forgetting Derek didn't know about the couple. He put his hands on each of Kathryn's arms, rubbing her gently to calm down.

"Alright, look, there may have been a little maiming, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction" Stiles said, Derek fixed his glare on Stiles seeing how close he was to Kathryn, but didn't read too much into it.

"My mother died" Allison whispered. Kathryn winced a little. Allison was family and so was Victoria Argent, no matter how much of a bitch she was.

"Your family's little honour code killed your mother, not me" Derek said, pissing Kathryn off a little more. 

"That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you" Allison glared with a slight smirk. Kathryn and Lydia looked to each other, smirking at sassy Allison.

"Want to help? Find something real" Derek stormed out, leaving Allison disappointed. Kathryn hated seeing her cousin so upset and decided to chase after Derek. But Scott got there first.

"Give them a chance. They're on our side now"

"Then why don't you tell her what her mom was actually trying to do that night" Derek said before storming out. Kathryn followed him to the corridor.

"Derek!" Kathryn shouted, put Derek kept walking although it broke his heart to walk away from her like that.

----

"I want one" Lydia spoke up in pure silence of the trio. Allison, Lydia and Kathryn were currently studying in the library. Although Kathryn was behind a book, trying to sleep, Allison was doodling the bruise and Lydia was checking out the twins.

Allison and Kathryn looked to the twins, Allison smiling a little.

"Which one?" Allison asked.

"The straight one, obviously" Kathryn and Lydia said at the same time, smirking at each other as Allison sat confused, looking back to see one of the twins checking out Danny.

"What if it's not symbol, what if it's actually a logo?" Allison picked up the coffee, typing some things in her laptop and put her head up to talk to Lydia and Kathryn but saw Lydia was no longer there and Kathryn was asleep.

-----

Kathryn tried to walk out the door of her house but her dad stopped her. Kathryn froze,turning around to face her father.

"Everything okay?" Kathryn asked, tapping her foot impatiently.

"That depends. Where do you keep going?" John asked, concerned about his daughter although she didn't see it that way. She saw it more as an interrogation.

"Places" Kathryn shrugged, turning back around to leave but her dad intervened again.

"Is it a boy?" John asked. He never knew of any boyfriends Kathryn ever had, if she ever had any. She had had a few boyfriends in junior year but nothing serious. No love.

"Yes" Kathryn nodded. It bet telling him that she was a faerie and her best friends were werewolves, lizards, hunters and unknown.

"Do I know him? Do I need to have a talk with him?" John asked.

"What? No! No you don't and for your information it's Stiles" Kathryn revealed. John was shocked. He knew that Stiles and Kathryn were parts of completely different cliques, although they had kind of made their own clique recently.

"Stiles Stilinski? The sheriff's son?" John asked. Kathryn nodded. It didn't really shock John, Stiles was getting in just as much trouble as Kathryn and they were both cunning and mischievous.

"Yes. Can I go now? I'm late" Kathryn begged. Her dad nodded, unsure of what to think.

Kathryn ran out the door and towards her car, getting in and speeding all the way to the animal clinic.

----

Kathryn walked in to the back of the clinic to see Isaac stripping off his top. She wolf-whistled at him, getting everyone's attention. Stiles glared at her but she just put her hand up in defense, looking at the giant bucket of ice and to Stiles, Scott, Derek, Isaac and Deaton in front of her, convinced she had missed something.

Isaac got in the bucket, tensing. Immediately Kathryn knew what was going on, the druids in London did the same to her to find out what she was, to unlock her 'inner' being.

Scott and Derek put their hands on Isaac and within the blink of an eye he was underwater.

-----

After a lengthy interrogation of 'inner Isaac' Derek was left in shock. Erica was dead, as Isaac had revealed.

"Derek..." Kathryn chased after an enraged and saddened Derek as he stormed off to his car. Stiles, Scott and Isaac followed behind her, a little further behind.

"Go away, Kathryn" Derek grumbled, opening his car door. Kathryn rolled her eyes, not in the mood for any of Derek's broodiness.

Kathryn slammed the car door shut, shocking everyone around her with her strength as she kept it shut no matter how Derek pulled it.

"She can't be dead" Derek said, Kathryn slightly taken back by Derek raising his voice. She moved her other hand to place it on Derek's cheek but straight away he grabbed her wrist. Kathryn winced.

"Derek" Kathryn whimpered. Derek pushed her down to the ground, getting in his car and driving off. Kathryn wasn't hurt, slightly angry, but not hurt.

Scott, Isaac and Stiles rushed over to Kathryn who was still on the ground, eyes slightly orange.

"Jerk"