Chapter 15

Kathyn stepped out of her shower, looking in the mirror with a devious smile. She knew this was the build up to the most important year of her life. The year before senior year. Every party, every test, every rumor, it all adds up to the senior year experience.

Kathryn dressed in a white long sleeved top, a black leather flowy skirt, black strappy heels, a black bowl hat to cover her curled hair and her anchor ring, which reminds her of controlling her fire fairy power. She applied cover up, mascara, winged eyeliner and red lipstick, ready to face the day.

Kathryn filled her black leather bag with books and Stiles' jersey for good luck. Her phone buzzed, she grinned seeing the text and putting the bag over her shoulder.

From: Stiles <3
Outside x

Kathryn walked out her door, sass in her step and a smirk on her lips. She saw Ira in a dressing gown and slippers, sipping a cup of coffee. But Kathryn didn't let the step momster ruin her mood.

Kathryn kept up her strut, walking past her dad and kissing him on the cheek, shouting love you to him before going out to Stiles' car.

She couldn't imagine the year getting better in anyway, she had a wonderful boyfriend, an amazing group of friends and amazing grades.

"Hey Stiles" Kathryn grinned as he got in the front seat, buckling up as Stiles kissed her cheek. He wasn't really the romantic type, not really knowing what to do with girls but with Kathryn it came so naturally. He wanted to hold her and look after her and he knew very well she could look after him.

The couple pulled up at the school, meeting up with Scott and walking the halls. Scott found it a bit lonely, Kathryn and Stiles holding hands. It used to be Scott and Allison like that and now it's Stiles, his awkward best friend. He was happy for him.

"You wanna ask Derek for help? Why, why?" Stiles asked, throwing around his un-occupied hand.

"He's got the triskele tattooed on his back. So there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?" Scott questioned. Kathryn shivered at the thought of Scott's tattoo healing like it did after Lacrosse last night.

"Okay, yeah, but still, doesn't he have his hands a little full?" Stiles gestured to the missing posters on the wall. Kathryn looked at them sadly, she never got on with Erica, though she wished her the best but also Boyd. Kathryn really liked Boyd. The trio looked into the principal's office, obviously Gerard had resigned but now it was the old principal.

"Look, these are the applications for the career advisor. I need them sorted. And whatever happened to the library while I was gone, I want it cleared up. And what the hell is this?" He drew out a massive sword, referring to the antics of last semester. Scott looked to Kathryn alarmed, Stiles to Scott and Kathryn to Stiles. They all switched glances and Stiles spoke up as they rushed away.

"Go, go, go"

----

Kathryn looked up from her notepad to see the board, seeing Stiles staring at her with a smile from beside her. She turned to face hi, sticking out her tongue as he chuckled under his breath.The teacher stared between the two, seeing the love between the pair straight away.

Scott had left by his mom's demand, so now it was just Lydia, Allison, Stiles and Kathryn looking between each other.

Kathryn looked down, seeing a bandage on Lydia's foot in front of her. Kathryn raised an eyebrow, curious about the injury and tapped Lydia's shoulder.

"What's that? Is that from the accident?" Kathryn asked. After Stiles and Scott dropped Kathryn off home they crossed roads with Allison and Lydia, where a deer attacked them on the road.

"No. Prada bit me" Lydia dismissed, Kathryn believed it. Of course she got on with Prada, but there was no denying Prada could be an absolute mutt sometimes.

"Your dog?" Stiles asked rather stupidly, and again the best friend telepathy kicked in.

"No, the designer handbag" Lydia and Kathryn said in the exact same tone at the exact same time. They smirked at each other, proud that they kept a connection even while Kathryn had been away for 4 months.

"Yes, my dog" Lydia nodded.

"Has it ever bitten you before?" Stiles asked, Lydia shaking her head. Kathryn caught onto Stiles' thinking. Weird animal behaviour was suspicious of course, but maybe Stiles was just desperate for the life threatening drama that it life in Beacon Hills.

"Okay what if it's like the same thing as the deer? You know how like animals start acting weird right before an earthquake or something?" Stiles questioned. Kathryn nodded, chewing her bottom lip.

"Meaning what? There's going to be an earthquake?" Lydia asked sarcastically, not being on the same wave length as Stiles.

"Or something. I just - maybe it means something's coming. Something bad" Stiles said dramatically.

"It was a deer and a dog" Lydia shrugged, not really caring, hoping what Stiles was saying wasn't true.

"What's that thing they say about three's? Once, twice.." Kathryn started, but before she could finish a crow flew down, smacking into the window. Everyone gasped, staring at the blood splatter.

Ms. Blake walked over to the window, seeing a flock of crows nearing the class room. She looked back out a her students when another crow hit the window. And another, and another. Until they broke through the glass.

People screamed throughout the class, Lydia and Allison ducking beneath their tables. Kathryn's eyes burned red in concern for her friends, but she suppressed it and scrambled on to the floor, where she was then shielded by Stiles.

Stiles was desperate to make sure nothing harmed Kathryn in anyway, no matter how she healed supernaturally, which he still didn't understand.

The crows stopped, the couple coming up from the desk, standing up and looking around at the mess of dead crows and black feathers coating the room. Kathryn sighed, falling against Stiles' chest as he wrapped an arm around her waist, holding her close.