Chapter 12

It was dark. Dark and cold and her phone was dying, the torch flickering as her phone completely conked out.

"Great" Kathryn whispered, tucking her phone away. Kathryn  let Lydia take the car to the hospital with Jackson and she decided to take a walk to the Stilinski house and wait for Stiles to come home.

She came up to the door, jogging up and knocking. Mr Stilinski knew who it was straight away, he knew she's come.

You'd have to be blind, deaf and stupid to not see the love between Stiles and Kathryn.

"Hi, Kathryn" He sighed, opening the door and letting her in.

"Is he here?" Kathryn  asked. Noah nodded, going to explain but Kathryn didn't want to hear it, so she ran as fast as possible to Stiles' room door and knocked.

Stiles mumbled something about his dad before opening the door, his eyes widening and mouth tugging into a smile at the sight of Kathryn.

"What happened?" Kathryn burst into Stiles' room, examining the cuts on his face, and the black eye slowly forming.

"Gerard he..." Stiles went to explain but Kathryn cut him off, feeling every raw emotion swim through her, she was worried about Stiles, cared for Stiles and most of all she loved Stiles. And she knew that now.

Kathryn kissed Stiles.

For one fleeting moment, Kathryn was content and happy with herself, Stiles was overwhelmed yet over the moon. Nothing could beat the feeling they both felt as their lips collided, moving together as sparks flew between them, igniting a fire in their souls that made them feel more alive than ever.

Kathryn pulled away, Stiles' hands moving from her cheeks down to her shoulders and holding her tight.

Kathryn wasn't sure what to say, she just looked dreamily into his eyes, feeling everything in her mind heal itself. Then she remembered what had happened.

"I'm going to kill him" Kathryn huffed, stroking the cut on Stiles' cheek. She couldn't believe anybody would want to hurt such a smart, caring and lovable boy.

"I'm fine, Kat" Stiles smiled. Kathryn knew that wasn't true but she also knew she wasn't going tot get anything out of him.

Kathryn looked around the room, seeing a few pieces of jewellery in the corner. She furrowed her eyebrows and walked over to the chest.

"Why do you have women's jewellery?" She giggled a little, playing with the golden bracelet.

"That. Oh well eh- it's just some stuff I bought. Y'know for your birthday" Stiles stuttered, cursing himself internally for sounding so nervous.

"For me?" Kathryn bit her lip, looking at the assortment of chocolates, jewellery and other things spread out on the chest top.

"Yeah- I - uh didn't really know what to get you and figured i'd just buy a load of things an return whatever I didn't give you" Stiles explained. Kathryn blushed a little, turning to see the flat screen TV behind her. She raised her eyebrow and looked at Stiles.

"A flat screen TV?" She giggled. Stiles nodded, chuckling and scratched the back of his neck.

"That i'm definitely returning" Stiles laughed. Kathryn's phone beeped, she took it from her pocket and read the text from Scott.

From: Scott

Jackson needs help. Where R U?

"Stiles..." Kathryn showed him the text.

 Kathryn felt sort of responsible for Jackson at the moment. She was the only person besides Lydia who could get through to him.

"This is a freaking nightmare" Stiles sighed. Kathryn drew back her phone and looked down rubbing her foot across the carpet nervously.