Chapter 8

Kathryn walked into the police station, looking around before seeing her dad in his office, looking really out of it.

The guard let her in and she knocked on the office door, seeing her dad, coughing and hiccuping, an empty bottle of jack on the desk.

"Dad?" Kathryn walked up to him slowly. He looked up seeing his daughter, immediately feeling bad for drinking, he didn't like her seeing him that way.

"Hi, Kittykat" He went to stand up but tripped a little, Kahryn caught his arm and lowered him down back onto his chair, looking at his desk. On it sat an open file.

Mary Argent.

Kathryn's breath stopped as she looked oer her mother's file, seeingthe pictures of her dead body after the animal attack, feeling slightly nauseous.

She gently closed over the file and looked to the water cooler in the hall.

"I'm going to get you some water, okay dad?" Kathryn walked out to the hall, filling up a paper cup with the water. She was tired from everything today, she hated seeing her dad in such sorrow, it almost caused her physical pain.

Kathryn heard a crackle, like the sound of crushing ice. She looked down to the paper cup to see an ice cube, drifting in the middle of the water.

She pulled away from the machine, almost spilling the water. Had she done that?

She shook the thought from her head and walked back over to her dad, giving him the water as he drank it.

"Your mother was beautiful y'know" Her dad, John, mused. He saw his wife in every feature of his daughter.

"You remind me of her"

Those words tore a hole in Kathryn's chest. He was like this because she reminded him. She hurt him with every look he cast upon her.

Without another word, Kathryn helped her dad stand up, pulling his arm around her shoulder and proceeeded to leave the station. She sat him in his car, pulling over his seatbelt to push it in when he whispered in her ear lazily.

"Goodnight, Mary"

A tear dripped down Kathryn's face as she shut the door, walking around to the drivers side and getting in, her dad passed out in his seat.

"I'm sorry" She teared up even more, stroking sweat from his forehead.

-----

Kathryn jumped to the surprisingly bad music, people dancing around her as she giggled away. Although she was having quite a good time, she came here to actually do something. Although it was probably the smallest role in the plan it still counted for something. She saw Allison walk away from Matt on the couch. Matt was extremely suspicious to her, so she decided to check it out.

"Funny. You look like quite the charmer" Kathryn giggled as she sat beside him. He looekd at her with curiosity. Although he had his heart set on Allison there was no way anyone could refuse the infamous Kathryn Hamilton.

"I don't believe we've been formally introduced" He said, rather smoothly. Kathryn put on her most fake smile and put out her hand.

"Kathryn" She smiled sweetly. Matt smirked a little.

"Matt"

"Hey, do you wanna dance?" Kathryn asked, Matt was a little taken aback but nodded anyway, Kathryn dragging him out on to the dance floor.

There was no way in hell this guy wasn't controlling the kanima, Kathryn could practically smell it on him. After a few dances, Matt excused himself and before Kathryn could follow him a cry errupted. A roar.

No one else seemed to hear it, which confused her but she ran toward the sound anyway. There stood Derek, looking around and then bursting through a door. Kathryn followed, pushing through people. She saw her aunt, run out the door. That can't be good.

Inside the room was Derek, holding Scott up by his arms.

Kathryn ran in, grabbing Scott's legs and hoisting them up as they carried him out of the building and to Derek's car.

The slid him in the back seat, Derek running around to the drivers side, looking to Kathryn.

"Are you coming?" He yelled, the music still as loud as inside.

"I'm going to find Stiles" Kathryn said, running over hearing the engine roar behind her.

She found the blue jeep, sitting behind the ash barrier. He looked like he was...crying.

Kathryn walked softly up to the car, biting her nails. It reminded her of when she first came back to Beacon Hills, seeing her best friend helpless in a hospital bed.

She tapped on the window, Stiles turned around, eyes bulging and blood shot as he unlocked the car door. Kathryn opened it warily and sat inside, closing the door and sighing.

"Is Scott okay?" Stiles asked, breaking the silence. Kathryn turned around to answer suddenly.

"Are you okay?" Kathryn asked. Stiles looked at her with loving eyes as his heart fluttered. She cared about him.

"Sorry. E-yeah Scott's okay. He's with Derek" Kathryn smiled a little tucking some hair behind her ear.

Stiles stuttered to answer but eventually just decided to come out with it.

"My dad got fired" He said. Kathryn turned to face him with sorrowful eyes.

"After everything I did to keep him out of this whole thing it all added up and they fired him for it" Stiles laid his hands on the steering wheel, tapping nervously, biting his lip.

"Stiles.."Kathryn trailed off but Stiles turned around, an angry expression on his face. Kathryn flinched a little as he spoke, well more like yelled.

"It's my fault!" He cried out. Kathryn's face softened. She'd never seen Stiles likethis, so broken.

"It's all my fault"  Stiles laid his head on the steering wheel, skin tingling as Kathryn wrapped an arm around his torso. He turned his head slightly to face her.

"How about, we head back to yours, put on a couple of movies and tell each other all about our daddy issues" Kathryn suggested. Stiles sat back up, looking to her to feel his whole mood brighten by the smile on her face and her caring eyes.

Stiles nodded, starting the engine and driving away, Kathryn holding one of his hands the entire way.