Chapter 22

Kathryn drove in the rain, something she loved to do. Storms fascinated her in such a disturbingly beautiful way. 

She came across the Hale loft to see Isaac walking out, no coat no hat, nothing.

Kathryn pulled up beside him, leaning across and opening the door on the opposite side. Isaac smiled gratefully, climbing in and closing the door.

"You okay?" Kathryn asked, turning the heating up. Isaac nodded, rolling down his sleeves and getting comfy in his seat.

"Derek threw me out" Isaac said, chuckling a little. Kathryn scoffed, parking and leaving the keys in.

"I'll be back in one minute" Kathryn grumbled, storming out the car. By the time she had reached the loft door she was soaked in and out. She stormed up the stairs, throwing open the loft door. Cora and Derek looked to her with wonder, Cora more with annoyance. Cora didn't have a clue who this girl was.

"What the hell!" Kathryn exclaimed, storming up to Derek.

"That boy has been nothing but kind and loyal to you, Derek. How frickin dare you" Kathryn went to slap Derek but he caught her wrist, looking her dead in the eye. He didn't scare her but she was stronger than he thought.

"Never do that again" He said deeply. Kathryn scoffed, grabbing Derek's arm, twisting it and pinning his stomach down to the ground, her knee between his shoulder blades and nails digging into his wrist.

"Maybe you should take notice of how you treat people, Der-bear. Some of us have a low-asshole tolerance" Kathryn hissed. She let go of him, looking up to Cora who was smirking, she liked Kathryn.

"Nice to meet you" Kathryn said sickly, strutting out of the loft, leaving Derek in a daze.

Kathryn joined Isaac in the car, who was smirking at her. Kathryn knew he heard every bit of that, he was a werewolf after all.

"Shut up, lets go" Kathryn grumbled.

----

"This is pathetic, we're pathetic" Kathryn sighed, tearing her earphones out as she sat in the backseat of her cousin's car.

"I'm not letting hi-" Allison started but Lydia and Kathryn chimed in.

"Out of your sight, we know" They said in sync.

"How literal is that?" Lydia asked. Allison frowned, looking to Kathryn and Lydia who were reading the same book, Kathryn leaning over Lydia's shoulder.

"Why?" Allison asked.

"You're running on fumes" Lydia and Kathryn said in sync again, not moving their eyes away from the book in front of them about thermodynamics.

"And i'm preeetty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this toyota" Lydia said, passing the book back to Kathryn who curled up in the back seat, reading.

"What if i stop?" Allison asked.

"Is it really that big a deal? So we lose them, we know where they're headed" Lydia trailed off.

"You didnt see what happened" Allison said. Kathryn sighed.

"I know who started it" Lydia mumbled to herself. Kathryn sighed, she hadn't told Lydia about what happened. About Lydia's maybe boyfriend torturing her.

"Is that what Aiden told you?" Allison asked. Kathryn rolled her eyes, putting her earphones back in, ready to fall asleep to the sound of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Kathryn jolted awake to the sound of her phone ringing through her earphones. She groaned, sitting up from her nap, tearing out her earphones from her phone and glaring at the two girls in front of her, amidst their own conversation.