Chapter 11

"It's been a week and you haven't talked to the guy - he's left me like 7 voicemails asking me where you are. Per day! 7 voicemails a day!" Lydia exclaimed as she walked into Kathryn's room, seeing Kathryn lying on her bed, watching TV. Lydia was horrified.

"What the- GET UP!" Lydia screeched, catching Kathryn off guard.

"What why?" Kathryn grumbled, sitting up and rubbing her eyes, make up covering her hands.

"You look a mess. Let's go" Lydia grabbed Kathryn's arm tugging her to the bathroom. Kathryn knew - it was Lydia's way of checking Kathryn was okay. It was a makeover.

----

After being showered awkwardly, moisturized awkwardly and dressed awkwardly Lydia finally released her grip on Kathryn.

She was wearing black skinny jeans, a black tanktop and a long tanned knitted cardigan. With black converse and her hair straightened.

She felt surpisingly comfortable - usually Lydia would make her wear something extravagant.

"Come on! It's the championship" Lydia squealed, grabbing Kathryn's hand and pulling her from the comfort of her bed - where she had been hiding for a week now.

"Wow. A couple of hormone induced teenagers are gonna chuck a ball around for a while. How exciting!" Kathryn mumbled, following Lydia to her car. Lydia was confused, usually Kathryn loved going to Lacrosse games and supporting her friends.

The pair drove in silence, getting to the field to see the game about to start. One thing that caught Kathryn's eye was Stiles, on the field, looking out at the stand. He wanted to see Kathryn out there, cheering him on. But he couldn't.

Kathryn and Lydia got to the stand, sitting next to Melissa and Noah. Stiles' eyes caught sight of Kathryn, looking out at the masses of people, biting her lip.

The game started, Stiles focusing on the game. Everyone cheers as Stiles catches the ball, Kathryn beaming with pride before Stiles is knocked to the ground.

Kathryn and Lydia winced, Melissa feeling like she had another son out their on the field.

"Okay. Maybe he just needs to warm up" Melissa excused. Lydia nodded, Kathryn looking to see Jackson, stone faced. Something was wrong.

They all watched as Stiles fumbled around the whole game, getting smacked in the head and straight up having no clue what he's doing.

Kathryn caught sight of Isaac joining the team, walking onto the field. He was here to help, because she knew there was something going on even if she hadn't been told.

"That's my boy" She whispered underneath her breath.

Everyone watched as Lahey knocked down player after player, not laying a finger on Stiles or Jackson though. And then Scott was on.

An Kathryn finally understood. Scott needed to stop Jackson from doing something. Most likely killing someone. It wouldn't be her as they had already established that Jackson couldn't kill her. So that put it down to the rest of her friends. And she couldn't let that happen.

She watched as Scott and Isaac left the field, Gerard leaving as well.

I guess everyone here needed a little protection then. Thought Kathryn, who got out her seat and headed down to the bench, next to Coach who was too preoccupied with the match.

Kathryn saw Stiles running with the ball, screaming and stopping at the net.

"Shoot it!" Coach yelled repeatedly, Stiles not following through.

"SHOOT IT!" Kathryn yelped, and at the sound of her voice every nerve in Stiles' body jolted and he scored.

Kathryn screamed, jumping up and cheering for him. Time after time Stiles scored goals, feeling more adrenaline pumping through him each time he heard Kathryn call out for him.

And he lead them to win.

When the game had finished, Kathryn looked out to see Jackson, staring at Stiles.

No, she thought. She jumped from the bench and ran onto the field, the lights going out around her until it was pitch black.

"JACKSON!"

The shrill ripped Kathryn from her trance, turning to see her best friend crouched on the ground beside her other best friend.

"Jackson" Kathryn whispered, walking over and freezing upon seeing Jackson lying on the ground, covered in blood.

She looked down to him, seeing blood on his fingers and that's when she realised it was all a distraction.

"STILES?!"