Chapter 10

"Morning" Kathryn beamed to her dad as she skipped into the kitchen.

Her dad had been recovering from one hell of a hangover yesterday so she decided it was best to just leave him alone. Although it was her birthday.

"Hey Kathryn" Her dad greeted. Kathryn turned around eyeing her father, he only really ever called her that when something was wrong.

"Something wrong?" Kathryn asked, handing him a cup of coffee and sitting next to him.

"A lot of work to do, left some things at the station a few nights ago and i'm not meant to be driving under the influence so i'm going to have to walk" John patted the table, absolutely and completely drunk.

Kathryn walked over to him and took his hand, leading him away from the door.

"I need to go, Kathryn" John grumbled but Kathryn just pushed him down onto the couch, grabbing a blanket from the side of the couch and laying it on her father.

"Please just rest" She whispered, her dad almost half asleep. It was around 7 so it wasn't exactly early.

"I'll get the stuff from the station, just standby okay?" Kathryn leaned down, kissing her dads head and then leaving. A honk came from behind her as she locked the door. She turned around to see Melissa McCall, whom she'd previously met, driving slowly past.

"Needing a ride?" She called out. Kathryn grinned, running down the drive way and jumping in the car beside Melissa.

"Where you off to?" Melissa asked as she began driving a little faster.

"Sheriff Station"

-----

Kathryn and Melissa walked into the Sheriff's station, immediately going separate ways as Kathryn headed for her dad's office, focused on what she was going to do when she got home.

How was she going to help her father get through this?

Something wet seeped through her suede shoes, she looked down to see a pool of blood beneath her feet. She let out a scream she didn't even know she was capable of creating.

However, on the other side if the station, Matt held a gun to Scott, staring at the two paralyzed bodies on the ground.

"Here she is. The woman of the hour" Matt smirked.

"Melissa!" Kathryn called out, worried about Melissa. Why was there blood? Who's dead?

Stiles, Derek and Scott recognised the voice, looking at each other with wide eyes.

"Not her. Anyone but her" Stiles grumbled, trying to move as fast as possible to help the girl he had been helplessly in love with for 10 years.

Kathryn ran helplessly around, feeling her feet burn and her hands freeze. She had no idea where she was going but she sure knew she was following something. A sort of pain.

She came across a room, seeing feet on the floor. Derek?

"Derek? Is that you?" Kathryn whispered, walking into the room, at the exact wrong moment. Jackson swooped down, ready to paralyze her. She was immune to the toxin but nobody knew that, not even her.

"Jackson..." Kathryn backed against the open door, taking in the sight around her. Stiles and Derek on the floor, Matt holding Scott at gun point.

"Jackson do it" Matt hissed, but Jackson stood still.

"He's not going to hurt her..." Derek trailed off, fascinated by the look in Jackson's eyes upon seeing his best friend.

"Fine. Then i'll do it" Matt said. Everything went in slow motion. Matt turned, pointing the gun at Kathryn. Scott shouted 'No!' whereas Stiles just screamed in sheer pain and fear.

Matt shot Kathryn in the shoulder, Jackson running off at the sound. Kathryn let out a pain powered scream, falling against the door and sliding down. Stiles had tears in his eyes, whereas Kathryn felt her eyes burn.

"See that Stiles? Not so beautiful now is she?" Matt sniggered, walking off with Stiles.

Kathryn was left there, in utter agony, writhing around as she cried. But for some reason it felt like it was getting better.

"make it stop, oh my god, make it stop" She cried, Stiles couldn't do anything but watch helplessly, wanting nothing more than to help her.

"Hey, Kathryn listen to me okay?" Derek said, soft yet kind of stern.

"I'm listening" Kathryn said after a little more screaming, now just panting.

"You need to pull it out"

He had a slight inkling that she would heal, she didn't have the human scent to her.

"Okay" Kathryn nodded, taking a deep breath before putting two fingers in the bullet wound, feeling blood gush out, she screamed in pain before trying again, being able to pull out the bullet and throw it on the floor.

"Okay. It's out, what now?" Kathryn asked. But before Derek or Stiles could answer the lights went out, an alarm sounding.

"Stiles! Stiles what's happening?" Kathryn screamed. Bullets shot through the windows, Kathryn screamed, shuffling over to Derek and Stiles.

Scott burst through the door, smoke trailing behind him.

He looked to Kathryn, seeing she had healed and didn't appear to be in much pain. Just terrified.

"Take him" Derek looked to Stiles.

"Go" Kathryn nodded at Scott. Scott sighed, taking Stiles and running off.

"Come on then, mr.alpha" Kathryn grabbed Derek's hand's pulling him up. His eyes flashed red as he gained control of his body.

"You need to leave, Kathryn" Derek said. Kathryn didn't have to be told twice. She knew Derek wouldn't let harm come to Jackson, Mr Stilinski or Melissa so she bolted.

She ran home.