Hatching

Fifth full moon of the year, twenty-six day of the July calendar, a dragon flew down and placed her baby egg that has a red design of swirling flames with a orange dot on it. Orange dots meant defected eggs. The mother placed the egg inside  a cave, not knowing it was Eldin Caves of Hyrule. She flew in and placed the egg on top of a rock the color of magma. "Goodbye, my egg." she said and left the Caves, leaving the egg.

A male dragon was just slay by Link. "Li....nk ...." he said and died. The dragon's head disperse, leaving the world and his body until....

Hylia stopped Volvagia from going to Hell. "You were very loyal to the Hero of Time. Volvagia, would you like a second chance?" A second chance?

"I'm unsure. Link will be the only Master I would obey." Volvagia retorted. "Rebirth wouldn't do me. I'm sorry."

Hylia showed him a abandoned egg. "This dragon is a defect, needing some help. It appears he has poisoning inside his system and once he hatches tonight, he will die immediately. You would be this dragon." A dying dragonet?! Poison?! The egg, it was killing the dragonet from the inside.

Volvagia couldn't bare to watch the twitching baby inside the egg, it's color a light red and steam coming from its nose as it wasn't strong like his fire steam. "I'll save the dragonet. The baby is in danger of death and inhalation of his steam. That's why he's dying. Steam intoxication is filling his small lungs." Volvagia looked at Hylia. "I'll go. He needs protection."

Hylia nodded and sent him off, his soul going into the egg's as it toppled over the magma rock. Volvagia managed to get inside before the dragonet died in its hatching. The dragonet opened its eyes, glowing a light green, its scales rigid and small wings against its back. Volvagia saved him, but at what cost? The dragonet tumbled out of its shell as a piece was over its small ears. The baby was alone in this cave, until a monster found it.

"What's this? Dinner." The Dinoflos picked it up and carried it to his hideout. The dragonet was scared as it blew a puff of fire before coughing. "Little bastard!"

The dragonet kept coughing hard, smoke coming from its lungs. It was weak. Black streaks running down its cheeks as it wailed for his parents. A small orange dot was on his temple. The other Dinoflos and Lizardflos' heard it and the kinder ones tended to the poison dragonet.

A mother managed to cleanse its lungs and saw his sex as male. "A baby dragon. I never seen one here before." She kissed his forehead and cleaned him of amniotic goo. He was a little happy, able to breathe normally.

"Volga. I'll name you Volga."