Nine Years Later

A little human boy was running to his 'mother' as she had her arms open for him. "Stephanie I saw light!" he said. The Dinoflos blinked in confusion. How? He wasn't allowed outside the caves one bit. He was told to be kept inside, away from Hyrulians' eyes.

"Oh Volga, how?" she ask the sandy blonde boy. He was quite adventurous, too adventurous. The leader of Eldin Caves wasn't taking a liking to the growing boy's actions. Snooping around was one thing, but seeing the outside light was another. He was forbidden to meet others until his eighteenth birthday, that's what Stephanie said. She loves her adopted child but, him being curious about the outside world, she couldn't tell him a thing.

"I saw a King Dodongo go out there and left the covering open!" Volga answered, his light eyes shining brightly. He was strong for his age he thought. Able to lift seventy pounds, which would strain his body when he was a weak dragonet. But now, eating healthy and training everyday, he's determined to fight the leader. He sometimes gets sick fast which was a negative to his strength. Being poisoned as a egg was horrendous. Inhaling his own smoke and choking on it. Newborn dragonets aren't allowed to breathe fire until their fifth birthday and would have health complications. He coughed a little. "Stepha my tummy hurts now."

Stephanie carried him inside the hut and laid him on the makeshift beds she has set up. He was wearing outside clothes to look more, Hyrulian. He knew that her husband was kind to bring him some clothes; shirts, shoes, socks, underwear, and pants. Sometimes boots and tunics, sometimes helmets and gloves. She kissed his forehead and made him drink a strange liquid substance and his coughing faded. "Volga, what are you gonna do when I'm gone one day?" she ask.

Volga hated this question. He clenched the cloth covering his upper body. "I'm, I'm not sure." The small boy responded. "You're the closest thing I got to a mum. I can't lose that." he said as tears glistened his eyes. Stephanie rolled her eyes playfully at mum. He sounded so cute when he says that. "Stephanie, I'm scared."

She brushed away any bangs in his face. "There's nothing to be scared about. Now, shhh. Sleep." she ordered him. She wish she can give better for her adopted son. She looked at her three year old daughter as she found Volga and snuggled up to him. "Sera. Let him sleep. He, had one of his fits again."

Sera nodded sadly and went to her mother. Volga was young, too pure for this world. His elf like ears brought twitchiness when annoyed, those big, light green eyes bring happiness with a twinkle, his button nose crinkles when disgusted, and his four white fangs glisten with skin of a Cucoo. He coughs the feathers out after and drinks his special drink.

Hours past, minutes went fast. Volga awoken when he saw his adopted father with a satchel of goods for the family after observing others and mugging them. "Hey Braxton." The dragon greeted and saw Braxton unloading the goods.

"What Volga?" The elder man ask. He didn't have time for the boy, his older son, Dingo, came over to help. The fifteen year old shoved the nine year old out of the way.

"Let a real man do this." Dingo sneered. Volga hated Dingo when he was six. Sleeping on his 'bed', Dingo dumped water all over his crotch, ruining his shorts and embarrassing him. Dingo and Braxton unpacked the goods, food, potions, some clothes for their adopted one, and toys for Sera. Volga never had toys, playing with Sera was his best toy he could ask for. She was his favorite, adopted, funny, little sister ever. Sera came running in and tackling Volga, laughing as the blonde laughed too. He made a oath: if they were harmed in any way, he would make sure Sera and Zencro were safe. Zencro was his baby brother. Only a year old. The baby was close to Volga as the male was suppose to babysit at twelve to two, train for two to five, wash for dinner, eat supper, wash for bedtime, read his siblings a bedtime story, sleep.

Volga got his clothes and he placed them on the bed on the floor. Shirts, short sleeve, long sleeve, tunics, a nice flannel in red and orange. Pants, ripped, straight denim, long to cover his heels, and rolled up. Shoes, boots and sneakers like usual. Socks and underwear were the same too. Only, a jacket and a dagger was in his clothing bundle. The jacket was ripped at the sleeve, he didn't care. Sera cooed at her big brother and sat on his pillow, watching him undress and try the clothes on.

"Bubba cool!" she said. He sure did feel cool. The boy giggled and sat down with his baby sister. "Bubba the coolest!!"

He started coughing hard, Stephanie running to his aid. He couldn't stop coughing this time. Ash came from his mouth. Blood mixed with bile too. His face was red as he fainted from air loss, his eyes shut.