Granny

Volga had a grandmother. She had been on the outside world and made him dream of it. His father didn't like her telling his son all of the nonsense she believes in, even if it was true.

She was Stephanie's mother as she walked to see her grandchildren and daughter. Volga was playing with his sister when she walked in and he ran over to her. "Granny!" She hugged him tightly.

"Volga, you had grown so much." She always had sweets on her she swiped from the hunters returning. She quickly placed it in his sleeve as he giggled softly and hugged her.

"Thank you granny." he said as she ruffled his hair. He was growing, that was true as she smiled softly. "I'm gonna be big and strong to be a guardian one day!"

"I know you will young one." she said and kissed his forehead. "Let's go take a stroll, yes?"

He nodded. A stroll. Lovely idea. He held her hand as she guided him out of his little hut and walked with him. "You know Volga, you should be allowed outside to play." she pointed out.

"Yea, but I'm not allowed to." he retorted as she kept him close.

"Not without a secret passage young one." she said and guided him to a rigid passing. "I'll try and help you, I maybe old but I'm still moving." She went first as her tail took his hand. "Stay close to granny."

"I am!" He held her tail as they walked along the ledge, Volga shaking as he never been high up. He almost fell until his grandma switch with him, hanging on the ledge. "Granny!" he yelled as he tried helping her up.

"Volga, no use. I'm getting older by the year and you do know I will die one day. I'll always be with you my grandson. That's why I got a special tattoo that I want to be reborn as." She showed him last second as it was a woodland creature. "I love youuu!" She fell to her death, him sobbing.

A granny dead, his heart breaking. He had to get outside now. It was what she would have wanted from him. Lizalfos and Aeralfos surrounded the dead old Dinolfos as they carried her off. Volga cried from high up and jumped down, landing on his feet as he ran to his hut. He was leaving.

"Time to go." he muttered as he grabbed what he would need and ran to the rock covering the hole as a hunting group came back as he skillfully slip through the cracks.